MIDX-20 from Primova Sound, So far... so GREAT!!!

Started by Funkyfoe, September 11, 2016, 03:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funkyfoe

All gear ( including the GP-10 ) switching via MIDI !!
Thanks Robert!

Cups

rolandvg99

Cool. The MIDX-20 is awesome. Using my BCR2000 to tweak the GP-10 as we speak. No computers in the loop=one less thing to worry about.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

CodeSmart

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

whippinpost91850

GuitarBuilder

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

( . )( . )

I should get mine in a day or two. I'm going to see if I can make the GP-10 and ME-80 play nice together into my Alphas...

carlb

Got mine too! Superb build. Have been getting other parts of my rig together for an upcoming gig, but looking forward what the MIDX-20 will allow for my rig.
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

( . )( . )

I had enough time tonight to check the basic functionality with my MIDI MATE. Patch changes are working perfectly. When I have more time, I'll delve into controller assignments.

rolandvg99

Using mine tonight in this build as a control extender. The LCD is a bit blurry in this picture, but the two assignable knobs to the right controls my makeshift phaser cabinet resonance.
sy300board by rolandvg99, on Flickr

pasha811

Quote from: rolandvg99 on September 23, 2016, 10:12:05 PM
Using mine tonight in this build as a control extender. The LCD is a bit blurry in this picture, but the two assignable knobs to the right controls my makeshift phaser cabinet resonance.
sy300board by rolandvg99, on Flickr

Looks very well placed in the middle with those two additional footswitches.. control champ! ;D
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

rolandvg99

And this is how the rig sounded, captured by an iPhone 6. (Best comment of the evening: "That Orange sounds awesome! How do you get that chunk from a combo? - Sorry, sir. That one was used earlier tonight by another band. What you heard was my SY-300 straight to the mixer."  ;D

CodeSmart

Wow!!  You're a cool guitar cat. Great voice too!!!
Heja Norge!!!
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

whippinpost91850

Sounds great you are a very good player and singer

pasha811

Great Sound and Great Voice!
Guess all comes from SY300, including distorted sound. How do you get that fullness without AMP/CAB sim in SY300?

Best
Pasha

rolandvg99

Quote from: pasha811 on September 25, 2016, 02:27:45 PM
Great Sound and Great Voice!
Guess all comes from SY300, including distorted sound. How do you get that fullness without AMP/CAB sim in SY300?

Best
Pasha

The signal chain is as follows: guitar -> Line6 G30 -> SY-300: Input with comp on for pre-gain control, Univibe/Chorus (not on in the clip), OD/DS with AMP on, Phaser in stage 4 mode with depth at 0 then manual and resonance tweaked for faux cab resonance 50/50 effect/direct, Delay+Rev in Tape/Spring, SubOut EQ with a 4 kHz scoop to PA - Main out with loads of EQ tweaks the ZT Lunchbox. HPF engaged at the mixer.

And btw: thank you all for those kind words and feedback. Much appreciated.  8)

mooncaine

carlb

Whatta kick! I should take a closer look at the SY300. Great use of the phasor: give a bit of short-hand cab simulation.

On the MIDX-20, had a chance to hook it up over the weekend. Works perfectly out-of-the-box with the Midi Mouse. I know I could use a control pedal to do that with the MIDX-20, but I like the visual feedback the Midi Mouse gives about channel number it's changing to.

Note, when first hooked-up, nothing, though. Strange. Programming? Look at manual: No programming for this part. Hmmm. Ah, it helps if you plug-in a USB cord going from the MIDX-20 to the GP-10. Well, at least I had power hooked up to it, heh!  ;D
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

pasha811

Quote from: rolandvg99 on September 25, 2016, 09:27:22 PM
The signal chain is as follows: guitar -> Line6 G30 -> SY-300: Input with comp on for pre-gain control, Univibe/Chorus (not on in the clip), OD/DS with AMP on, Phaser in stage 4 mode with depth at 0 then manual and resonance tweaked for faux cab resonance 50/50 effect/direct, Delay+Rev in Tape/Spring, SubOut EQ with a 4 kHz scoop to PA - Main out with loads of EQ tweaks the ZT Lunchbox. HPF engaged at the mixer.

And btw: thank you all for those kind words and feedback. Much appreciated.  8)

Thanks for sharing! Not owner of SY300 so OD/DS with AMP on sounds strange to me as I did not know SY300 has AMP. Downloaded SY300 at TC and I found only this:

rolandvg99

Knob number 8 from the left - AMP OFF/ON

pasha811

Quote from: rolandvg99 on September 25, 2016, 11:02:03 PM
Knob number 8 from the left - AMP OFF/ON

Just ordered a new pair of glasses...  ;D, Thanks!

aliensporebomb

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Smash

Good grief! Only you could take a synth pedal and make it work as a full blown guitar pre-amp MFX!! Sounds great

(GT1 is probably cheaper option lol :D )