SY300 - Sequencer issue

Started by baga, September 09, 2016, 05:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baga

Hi there everyone, I was wondering if it's possible for the SY sequencer to start as soon as the chord/single note is played, and not being active in background in loop. I have to play and get the sequencer in a specific way, and having the loop in background makes very difficult to get the start note of the sequence. Is that possible? Like a trigger or likewise  ??? ??? ???

rolandvg99

There is control assign to restart the tempo sync.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

baga

Quote from: rolandvg99 on September 09, 2016, 06:08:58 AM
There is control assign to restart the tempo sync.
You mean that sync knob in the editor waves page?

rolandvg99

No. CTL setup where you can assign the sequencer restart to one of the CTL switches.

baga

Ok, thank you, I'll try ASAP and I'll let you know!

baga

Quote from: rolandvg99 on September 09, 2016, 06:42:15 AM
No. CTL setup where you can assign the sequencer restart to one of the CTL switches.
Hey there, sorry for bothering again but I just can't figure out how to make it work. I'm still trying to figuring out pretty good the whole CTL section, so I'm quite stuck...

rolandvg99

Quote from: baga on September 11, 2016, 11:00:28 AM
Hey there, sorry for bothering again but I just can't figure out how to make it work. I'm still trying to figuring out pretty good the whole CTL section, so I'm quite stuck...

Chose CTL switch to which you want to assign the controller ->choose one of the 6 targets ->

Page 1
CTL Mode=patch, ASSIGN ON/OFF=ON, ASSIGN MODE=Manual ->

Page 2
Target Category=Control, Target=Sync start, Target MIN=OFF, Target Max=On ->

Page 3
Source Mode=Toggle, ACT Range Min=0, Act range Max=127

Page 4
Rise time=0, Fall time=0, Rise curve=linear, Fall curve=linear

TIP: add tap tempo to the same switch in of the other available 5 targets. -> CTL MODE=patch, assign off/on=on, Assign Mode=preset, Preset BPM Tap.

This lest you tap the tempo of the LFO/Sequencer and reset the start point at the same time for smooth and timed starts.

baga

Quote from: rolandvg99 on September 11, 2016, 11:24:48 PM

Chose CTL switch to which you want to assign the controller ->choose one of the 6 targets ->

Page 1
CTL Mode=patch, ASSIGN ON/OFF=ON, ASSIGN MODE=Manual ->

Page 2
Target Category=Control, Target=Sync start, Target MIN=OFF, Target Max=On ->

Page 3
Source Mode=Toggle, ACT Range Min=0, Act range Max=127

Page 4
Rise time=0, Fall time=0, Rise curve=linear, Fall curve=linear

TIP: add tap tempo to the same switch in of the other available 5 targets. -> CTL MODE=patch, assign off/on=on, Assign Mode=preset, Preset BPM Tap.

This lest you tap the tempo of the LFO/Sequencer and reset the start point at the same time for smooth and timed starts.

Hey there, I've done all the things you've suggest me here but still can't do it. Thank you anyway  :)

rolandvg99

The setup suggested need a 1-2-3-4-play method. Tap 4 times and start palying on the 4th.

baga

Oh, didn't get that...Uhm, so, I'll press CTRL1 4 times (I've assigned the whole thing there) and then play? (sorry for all those noob quesions  :-X)

rolandvg99

Quote from: baga on September 13, 2016, 12:07:02 PM
Oh, didn't get that...Uhm, so, I'll press CTRL1 4 times (I've assigned the whole thing there) and then play? (sorry for all those noob quesions  :-X)

The 4 taps are to set the tempo, but each tap restarts the sequencer/LFO. Which means you can actually tap as long as you want as long as you're not playing. It's important to start playing on the last tap to catch the whole sequence/LFO cycle. If there is a long break in the music just tap the CTL once when you want to start again and catch the previous tempo.

baga

Quote from: rolandvg99 on September 13, 2016, 12:16:29 PM
The 4 taps are to set the tempo, but each tap restarts the sequencer/LFO. Which means you can actually tap as long as you want as long as you're not playing. It's important to start playing on the last tap to catch the whole sequence/LFO cycle. If there is a long break in the music just tap the CTL once when you want to start again and catch the previous tempo.
Uhm ok...There is a way to trigger sequencer based on guitar input volume? Because I need to make it start as soon as the input volume goes more than X dB or something...I don't know if that is possible, tho

rolandvg99

AFAIK that is not possible. It ain't got the "Input Level" controller available in the VG-99.

baga

Quote from: rolandvg99 on September 13, 2016, 09:34:59 PM
AFAIK that is not possible. It ain't got the "Input Level" controller available in the VG-99.
Oh got it. Thank you for all your patience and kindness!  :)