VB-99 - Stomp box patch

Started by fokof, August 06, 2016, 10:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fokof

pedal 1 = #65 = Mutron
pedal 2 = #66 = Octaver
pedal 3 = #67 = Chorus
pedal 4 = #68 = Deeper 2X2 Chorus
pedal 5 = #69 = Freeze/hold (pedal 5 on the FC300 is @ momentary)
pedal 6 = #70 = Reverb
pedal 7 = #71 = Delay
pedal 8 = #72 = Distortion
pedal 9 = #73 = Amp Sim
pedal 10= #74 =Main Delay
CTL 1 = #80 = Volume boost 30%
CTL 2 = #81 = Tap tempo
Pedal 1 = #7 = Foot volume (to sweep delay)
Switch ped 1 = #82 = nothing
Pedal 2 = #1 = Wha Wha control
Switch ped 2 = #83 = On/Off Wha Wha

rowka

Nice.  thanks.
I ended up ordering the Fc300 yesterday.

Kingbrit

Hi Fokof.
I'm new to the vb99 and fc300 and in honesty I tend to only use about five otches in musical theatre but would like to use the fc300 like you have it set up.
If I down load your patch do I then recreate/program the voicing on the vb99 for each of the patches I use?
Would you recommend just setting each of my patches up with the cc controls separately as being quicker or to use your patch and recreate the sounds wanted for each patch on top of five sets of your patch (if that makes any sense!?)
Thanks in advance.
Ben

fokof

You can use my patch as the "frame" and build your own on top of it.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=18792.0;attach=14530
Tip: save your "go to" FX , COSM bass , Synth as favorites and recalled them "in" my patch.
All the controllers are already there.
Then save on another name.
It's gonna be less time consuming.

If you change FX , you will have to re-assign the controller.
Example : if on FX1 , I have the chorus , and you put a flanger instead , re-assign the controller to the new FX.

Feel free to post some of yours !!!!

Kingbrit

Thanks mate! Will give it a go tomorrow and let you know how I get on! Thanks for all your help! :)

Ben

Kingbrit

Ok so I finally got around to installing the driver, librarian and editor software.
Im not really sure what Im doing from there onwards though, I think Ive performed a full system backup to make sure I don't break any settings that would take forever to put back in...
I can get your patch into the editor also which is great however, you mentioned using your patch as a frame and saving my favourites to recall over the top. How do I do that?
I may be imagining it works differently and getting myself confused?
Lets say I have 4 patches that I have tweaked and want to use with your framework underneath.
I have these assigned to direct patches 1-4
1) Upright Bass Sound.
2) Jazz Bass
3) PBass
4) Musicman
How do I save each one as a favourite? Do I export them? if so what file type do I need to use to ensure that when I load them again I won't over write the midi assignments from your patch?

Once they are exported (assuming that's what I need to do...)
Then do I import your .mid file?
(Again assuming that's what I do)
How do I then overlay the patches on top of your framework before writing the finished patch to the unit?

Sorry for so many questions!

fokof

Yes you,ll have to import my patch:

Once the VB99 is synced to your CPU and that the editor is on , import my patch
(Import SMF)(.mid file)
As soon as it's imported on the editor , save it under another name on another patch.

To save your favorite:
Your patch >COSM A/B >page 18 >press "Select F1" 5 times Until you get to Favorite Write >OK > Write
(you can edit the name in that last page)

Go to my patch > COSM A/B >page 18 >press "Select" 4 times Until you get to Favorite > Press "select F2" and pick your freshly saved favorite >Save on another patch
(this will work with electric basses models)

Lets say you want an upright sound or synth with my FX patch:
Go to my patch > COSM A/B >change modeling type to acoustic bass (or synth) >page 18 >press "Select" 4 times Until you get to Favorite > Press "select F2" and pick your freshly saved favorite >Save on another patch

Hope that helps

Kingbrit

Aha!!
So I do the favourite stuff on the actual unit menus?
I was looking to favourite etc on the editor which may be why I wasn't finding the menu options I was expecting!
I'll give this a go! Thanks so much for your patience man. You're a great help.