Case for Ibanez RG 2550EGK with GK3 mounted

Started by frummox, July 06, 2016, 12:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frummox

A couple of years ago I put a GK3 pickup on my Ibanez RG2550EGK, year 2006 (typical Ibanez RG model). Up until recently I was using a gig bag but I wanted to get something a bit more protective. Ibanez makes two cases, one is plywood and the other type is some sort of plastic with their logo embossed which is less expensive. The instrument doesn't need heavy duty protection so I ordered the plastic one. Well right where the GK3 pickup is located there is plush covered foam on the top of the case that presses firmly on the top of the instrument. In other words there is no space for the GK3 pickup and the case won't close. I'm contemplating surgery, carefully trying to razor off the plush, cutting away the foam underneath then gluing the plush back. Before I do this did anyone else have a similar problem with an Ibanez?

Elantric

QuoteWell right where the GK3 pickup is located there is plush covered foam on the top of the case that presses firmly on the top of the instrument.  . . . Before I do this did anyone else have a similar problem with an Ibanez?

This is a common complaint

Getting the guitar back into a Hard shell Guitar Case after a GK-3 install impacts Les Paul owners too