VB99 love

Started by fokof, April 18, 2016, 10:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fokof

Haven't posted in a while , but it isn't because I don't use it anymore.

Each time I power it up , I think of all the players who will never have the chance to try one of these , and have that psychotic laugh , now that I have two of them    8)

Massive low end synth fun ahead !

;)

bassman4d521

I appreciate mine more each day - it makes my bass life so much easier and fuller.  The COSM modelling is phenomenal and even the fact that I can instantly detune to Eb or D and not have floppy strings makes it essential to my playing.

Antonuzzo

It seems to drop more jaws than the VG-99.  I suppose people are used to hearing processed guitar sounds; it's quite another thing to suddenly hear lead guitar, upright bass and fretless bass sounds pipe out of a standard bass.

And yeah, they're getting mega-rare now!

vanceg

I really shouldn't have sold mine.  But I was using it on guitar.  I just wanted that hexaphonic Ring Modulator....

fokof

I don't agree , it's a REALLY good thing you sold me yours   8) ;D

Vaultnaemsae

I've just noticed one pop up locally in the second hand pages...almost new...owner wants over 1,500 bucks...seems very pricey...
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

bassman4d521

There's one currently on TalkBass for 1,350 USD.  This includes the VB-99, GK-3B, FC-300, and the PDS stand.

vanceg

seriously though - It's a piece to keep!  Some items you can sell, this, and the VG-99, are ones to hang on to.  Useful for quite a while now.

Quote from: fokof on May 15, 2016, 08:58:53 PM
I don't agree , it's a REALLY good thing you sold me yours   8) ;D