Author Topic: Antares Internal Luthier Kit In External Housing  (Read 1193 times)

Offline TravisWildcard

Re: Antares Internal Luthier Kit In External Housing
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2017, 07:21:27 AM »
Thanks for the input! My thoughts were to do all of the control via midi. The main hub of my pedalboard is a line 6 Helix. I'm already using it to change patches in mainstage. Should be easy enough to send midi messages to the Antares box to change tunings and engage string tube right?

Offline Majiken

• Rating: 12
  • The French-surnamed American living in Germany ;-)
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2017, 07:56:43 PM »
With my extremely limited tech abilities, from what I can see the answer should be yes for anyone savvy (I can imagine this would make CodeSmart yawn).  I love the concept and the sound of the GP-10, but I hate the darn warbles.  I put the luthier kit in a guitar, but discovered that means I have to make changes by hand; this works quickly, but I do miss the idea of just hitting one switch and changing everything.

Now when I think about it, if you can get that working in a box on the floor I should be able to plug in a midi cable to the guitar and get the same thing, right???? Tempting idea!
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.de

Offline GuitarBuilder

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2017, 10:00:02 PM »
With my extremely limited tech abilities, from what I can see the answer should be yes for anyone savvy (I can imagine this would make CodeSmart yawn).  I love the concept and the sound of the GP-10, but I hate the darn warbles.  I put the luthier kit in a guitar, but discovered that means I have to make changes by hand; this works quickly, but I do miss the idea of just hitting one switch and changing everything.

Now when I think about it, if you can get that working in a box on the floor I should be able to plug in a midi cable to the guitar and get the same thing, right???? Tempting idea!

I take it you haven't tried the MIDI Designer on iPad to control your ATG?