SampleTank "All Sounds Pack" good deal @ $39.99. for guitar synth?

Started by Chumly, February 20, 2016, 08:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chumly

Well let's see, I know there are better sample playback applications under Windows using a PC etc, but given the limits of my iPad Air2 128 and the fact that a number of Vguitarists here seem to like SampleTank, is the "All Sounds Pack" @ $54.99 a good buy for triggering a large variety of decent sampled sounds from an iPad Air2 128, or am I likely to get better pricing by waiting (given I'm not in any great rush) or choosing some other method?
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

cplm

Hello,

It should notice that 54.99 are Canadian dollars.
At the moment the offer in US dollars is 39.99.

High possibilities of confusion.
There are only two letters in the URL, us or ca: there is nothing on the page that says which $ or country they refer to.

Chumly

Yep the URLS's can be confusing, but I'm not referring to buying SampleTank (which I already own) I'm referring to the "All Sounds Pack" which is n in-app purchase for $54.99 Canadian.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

Elantric

Its lower cost compared to the new SampleTank Max desk top release

Chumly

Well that certainly puts some perspective on things (assuming similar sonic results)!

jassy

What does it this "All sounds pack" includes exactly?  Miroslav? Sonik Synth? sample moog?

admin

QuoteWhat does it this "All sounds pack" includes exactly?  Miroslav? Sonik Synth? sample moog?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sampletank/id464783893?mt=8

Chumly

Oh, I do not have my iPad with me and AFAICT the in-app "All Sounds Pack" @ $54.99 offer is not listed otherwise. It seems like you can download "SampleTank FREE" and perhaps at that point assess what the "All Sounds Pack" includes https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/sampletank-free/id464775965?mt=8

jassy

Quote from: admsustainiac on February 25, 2016, 10:10:37 AM

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sampletank/id464783893?mt=8

Wow that would be a good deal, but I think IK fail to state clearly what "all sound packs" mean, at least if I read this sentence where it talks about a pack called "complete SampleTank Sound Packs bundle" which does not include SampleMoog and Miroslav I get confussed.

You can expand your sound library a-la-carte via in-app purchase with 22 Sound Packs for each instrument category including Drums, Bass, Guitar, Piano, Electric Piano, Organ, Chromatic, Strings, Brass, Woodwinds, Synth Leads, Synth Pads, Trons, Voices, Ethnic, Percussion and Sound FX (or download the complete SampleTank Sound Packs bundle). You can also purchase the new SampleMoog™ - Mobile Edition and Miroslav Philharmonik - Mobile Edition downloadable Sound Collections in the in-app store to add over 200 of the best analog synth and orchestral instruments from these legendary libraries.

You purchased it and can confirm it includes Miroslav, SonicSynth and SampleMoog?

Elantric

Its available via in app purchase within the SampleTank IOS Shopping cart

Contact IK Multimedia support of you have issues purchasing the "All Sounds Pack" for SampleTank  IOS

jassy

Quote from: Elantric on February 25, 2016, 11:09:39 AM
Its available via in app purchase within the SampleTank IOS Shopping cart

Yes its available via in app purchase but it does not explain what it includes really.

QuoteContact IK Multimedia support of you have issues purchasing the "All Sounds Pack" for SampleTank  IOS

Yes done it (would post the answer), just asking if someone has it already and can confirm, as this thread was about it.

mbenigni

Quote from: jassy on February 25, 2016, 11:23:46 AM
Yes its available via in app purchase but it does not explain what it includes really.

I find the iOS SampleTank IAP's really confusing myself.  It's hard to tell where there might be overlap, and where you might be paying twice for the same content.  IK would do themselves a favor by cleaning things up a bit; I've foregone purchases on several occasions because I just couldn't be bothered to parse through the lists of sounds.

jassy

Quote from: mbenigni on February 25, 2016, 12:17:34 PM
I find the iOS SampleTank IAP's really confusing myself.  It's hard to tell where there might be overlap, and where you might be paying twice for the same content.  IK would do themselves a favor by cleaning things up a bit; I've foregone purchases on several occasions because I just couldn't be bothered to parse through the lists of sounds.
EXACTLY THAT!
When I receive an answer from IK about this pack I will post here.
Although seen that there are sales at 50% periodically, I think I will wait for one of these.

Elantric

https://ipadmusiced.wordpress.com/2015/06/12/sampletank-ipad-app-on-a-50-sale-until-the-18th-some-of-the-iaps-are-50-too/
SampleTank iPad App On a 50% Sale Until the 18th (Some of the IAP's are 50% too!)
June 12, 2015 — Paul Shimmons
SampleTank

SampleTank for iPad – $9.99 (50% off)
Even bigger news as I am sure many of you already have this app, is that you can get the All Sounds Sound Pack for only $19.99 (50% off normal price of $39.99)!
[I'm pretty sure that the All Sounds Pack does not include the SampleMoog, Miroslav or "The Grid" packs – please let me know if I am wrong or correct by leaving me a comment below]

Here is a list of all the sound packs and their individual discounted prices if you only want a few of them –

SampleTank Expansion PacksSampleTank Discounted In-Apps:
All Sounds Pack – $19.99 (normally $39.99)
SampleMoog™ – Mobile Edition – $9.99 (normally $19.99)
Miroslav Philharmonik – Mobile Edition – $9.99 (normally $19.99)
Sonik Synth – Mobile Edition – $9.99 (normally $19.99)
The Grid – $4.99 (normally $9.99)
Sonik – Keyboards – $4.99 (normally $9.99)
Sonik – Guitar & Bass – $4.99 (normally $9.99)
Sonik – Electronic – $6.99 (normally $14.99)
Sonik – Drums – $4.99 (normally $9.99)
Trons – $4.99 (normally $9.99)
Piano – $4.99 (normally $9.99)
Bass – $4.99 (normally $9.99)
Upgrade to Full – $9.99 (normally $19.99)

If you are an iPad toting musician, buying the SampleTank app for iPad is one of those kind of apps that was the reason you bought an iPad in the first place! This app is also a reason NOT to get a 16GB iPad, for that matter even a 32GB is questionable as a musician! In the basic download this app requires 1.03GB of space. Start adding in the IAP sound expansions and you will need even more space! The good news is that this app is worth that space. The sounds are without question at the top of the list for quality! The app is pretty straightforward – high quality sounds, four part multi-timbral, four track sequencer, along with InterApp Audio and AudioBus!

What that means is that with just this app, or an external MIDI keyboard, you can create some great sounding recordings with little effort!

FROM THEIR WEBSITE-
==================
NEW VERSION WITH "THE GRID" SOUND PACK AND PLUG AND PLAY SUPPORT FOR iRIG PADS!

NEW SONIK SYNTH MOBILE EDITION WITH OVER 300 INSTRUMENTS NOW AVAILABLE

SampleTank is a professional-quality sound and groove workstation that puts hundreds of world-class instruments and patterns at your fingertips: piano, organ, drums, bass, guitar, strings, synths, percussion, vocals and more!

SampleTank gives you 16 instrument categories for an expandable sound set of over 600 instruments that cover virtually every acoustic, electric and electronic sound you may need. Plus, each category includes instrument riffs and grooves, so you can immediately use the over 1,000 included patterns.

Its instruments give you unmatched realism, sound variety and audio performance: It's a true premier for the iOS world. For the first time on this platform, hundreds of professional sample-based sounds and patterns can be easily accessed, layered and used for playing live. Now you can make music anytime and anywhere the inspiration hits you.

SampleTank comes with 136 instruments and over 1,000 patterns. You can expand your sound library a-la-carte via in-app purchase with 22 Sound Packs for each instrument category including Drums, Bass, Guitar, Piano, Electric Piano, Organ, Chromatic, Strings, Brass, Woodwinds, Synth Leads, Synth Pads, Trons, Voices, Ethnic, Percussion and Sound FX (or download the complete SampleTank All Sounds Pack bundle).
You can also purchase the new SampleMoog™ – Mobile Edition and Miroslav Philharmonik – Mobile Edition downloadable Sound Collections in the in-app store to add over 200 of the best analog synth and orchestral instruments from these legendary libraries.

cplm

The options should be all here:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletankios/index.php?pp=sampletankios-versions

In short:

Free ---> Full operation with 23 instruments

$ 19.99 Sample Tank ---> 145 instruments  (4 from The Grid collection)

$ 39.99 All Sounds Pack  ---> 392 sounds

All prices are US$.

jassy

At last! Thats the info I was looking for, but unable to find. (At this momment IK did not answer my request)
why I did not find this page!?!
In fact it has the complete list of sounds included:

All Sounds Pack

Sound collection for SampleTank iOS with 392 sounds

The All Sound Packs collection includes all the 392 sounds from the 21 individual instrument category sound packs available.

All the 21 individual instrument category sound packs can also be purchased individually.

Note: Does not include the 122 sounds in "Upgrade from FREE version" nor the bonus instruments you get when registering an iRig MIDI 2, iRig PRO or iRig KEYS serial number.

Available through in-app purchase.

Included sounds:

Acoustic Drums - 9 sounds
British Kit
Brush Kit
Lrg Ambience Kit
Natural Kit
Pop Kit
Rock Kit
Smooth Ambience
Studio Kit
Trash Disto Kit

Electronic Drums 1 - 12 sounds
East Coast Kit 1
East Coast Kit 2
East Coast Kit 3
Electro Kit 1
Electro Kit 2
Electro Kit 3
Reggaeton Kit 2
Reggaeton Kit 3
Reggaeton Kit 4
Tech House 2
Tech House 3
Tech House 4

Electronic Drums 2 - 15 sounds
Dance Hall 1
Dance Hall 2
Dance Hall 3
Dirty South 2
Dirty South 3
Dirty South 4
Old Skool Kit 2
Old Skool Kit 3
Old Skool Kit 4
Soulful House 2
Soulful House 3
Soulful House 4
West Coast Kit 2
West Coast Kit 3
West Coast Kit 4

R&B Drums - 13 sounds
R&B Kit 2
R&B Kit 3
R&B Kit 4
R&B Kit 5
R&B Kit 6
R&B Kit 7
R&B Kit 8
R&B Kit 9
R&B Kit 10
R&B Kit 11
R&B Kit 12
R&B Kit 13
R&B Kit 14

Bass - 38 sounds
Acid Bass 1
Acid Bass 2
AN Pick Bass
Bass Pedals
Chorus Fretless
Coast Bass 2
Coast Bass 3
Coast Bass 4
Coast Bass 5
Dark FM Bass
FM Bass
Fusion Slap
Hard Bass 1
Hard Bass 2
Hard Bass 3
Hard Bass 4
House Bass 2
House Bass 3
House Bass 4
House Bass 5
J Bass Pick
J Bass Slap
Mini Bass 2
Mini Bass 3
Modern Slap
P Bass Finger Amp
P Bass Pick Amp
Producer Bass
Reece Bass 1
Reece Bass 2
Reece Bass 3
Reece Bass 4
Reece Bass 5
Reso Bass
Soft Finger
Tech Bass 1
Upright Bass
Vintage Four

Acoustic Guitar - 11 sounds
Aco Echo Games
Aco Seq DLY
Acoustic 12
Acoustic Chorus
Acoustic Finger
Acoustic Nylon
Acoustic Pop
Atmospheric Aco
Compact Acoustic
Studio Acoustic
Supermuted Aco

Electric Guitar - 15 sounds
Elec 12 Crunch
Electric 12
Heavy Metal
Hollowbody
Hollowbody Mod
LP Chorus
LP Clean
LP Metal
LP Trem
STR Clean
STR Lead
STR Mod
STR Mute
STR Mute DLY
STR Trem

Piano - 12 sounds
Bright Pop Piano
Classical Piano
Fake Piano Bright
Fake Piano Dark
Grand Piano 1
Grand Piano 2
Hammer Piano
Mono Pop Piano
Pop Upright Piano
Rock Piano 2
Rock Piano 3
Saloon Piano

Electric Piano - 13 sounds
Amped Stage EP
Ballad Suitcase
Brilliant Suitcase
CP Piano
Dyno Suitcase
Fast Mod Stage EP
FM Electric Piano
Funky Stage EP
Modulation EP
Soft FM Piano
Stereo FM Piano
Suitcase Stack
Throaty Suitcase

Organ - 31 sounds
60s Organ 1
60s Organ 2
60s Organ Fast Vib
All Drawbars
All Draws Fast Vib
All Draws Slow Vib
Amp Organ
Ballad B Fast Vib
Ballad B Pad
Ballad B Slow Vib
Chorale Vibrato B
Chorus Rock B
Church Organ Flute
Continental 1
Continental 2
Continental Fast
Cool Organ
Gospel B
Gospel B Slow Vib
Heavy Metal B
Hi Drawbars
Hi Draws Fast Vib
Hi Draws Slow Vib
Key Click B
Pipe Organ Deluxe
Prog Rock B
Purple B
Rock B Vib Fast
Rock B Vib Slow
Space Cathedral
Sweet Organ

Chromatic - 21 sounds
Bright Kalimba
Bright Marimba
Funk Clav
Glockenspiel
Harpsi Mute
Harpsichord
Harpsichorus
Harpsiphase
Hipass Harpsi
Kalimba Thumb
Marimba
Marimkalim
Moody Marimba
Mute Clav DLY
Popcorn Clav
Punch Clav
Tight Vibes
Tight Vibes CH
Vibes CH
Vibes DLY
Wine Glasses

Strings - 9 sounds
Double Bass
Fast Violin
Natural Harp
Pizzicato Strings
String Orch 2
Symphonic Harp
Trem Strings
Viola
Violin

Brass - 14 sounds
Drama Brass
F Horn Ens 1
F Horn Ens 2
Flugelhorn
French Horn 1
Staccato Brass
Trombone
Trombone Ens 1
Trombone Ens 2
Trumpet 1
Trumpet 2
Trumpet Ens
Trumpet Mute
Tuba

Woodwinds - 12 sounds
Alto Sax
Bassoon
Breathy Flute DLY
Bright Tenor Sax
English Horn
Natural Flute
Oboe
Orch Flute
Piccolo
Tenor Sax
Tenor Sax DLY
Wooden Flute

Trons - 8 sounds
Psych Flute
Strawberry Flute
Tron 16 Violins
Tron Cello
Tron Choir
Tron Choir ST
Tron Flute
Tron Hi Strings

Synth Lead - 51 sounds
2 Osc Saw-Sqr ST
8 Osc Saw MN
8 Osc Saw ST
8 Saw OCT Dist
8 Saw OCT Dist 2
Brassy Lead 2
Brassy Lead 3
Brassy Lead D
Brassy lead Dtune
Double Square
Double Square 3
Double Square 4
HP Lead 3
HP Lead 4
M Lead 1
M Lead 2 4ths
M Lead 2 4ths 2
M Lead 2 5ths
M Lead 2 5ths 2
M Lead 2 D
M Lead 2 DD
M Lead 2 FLA
M Lead 2 M3rds
M Lead 2 M3rds 2
M Lead 2 min3rds
M Lead 2 min3rds 2
M Lead 2 OCT
M Lead Dtune
M Lead Dtune D
M Lead Fifths 2
M Lead Fourths
M Lead Fourths 2
M Lead M3rds
M Lead M3rds 2
M Lead min3rds
M Lead min3rds 2
M Lead OCT
M Lead OCT D
Saw-Sqr MN 3
Saw-Sqr MN 4
Sine Portolead
Soft Lead 3
Soft Lead 4
ST Hi Res Lead
ST Modular Lead
ST Soft Saw Lead
ST Velo Saw Pad
ST Warm Pad 1
ST Warm Pad 2
ST Wide Phase Pad
Sweep Down

jassy

I will wait for a good sale price, whats the best way to be notified if there is a sale?

jassy

Thats the answer from IK:

QuoteHello,

Thank you for your email.

We appreciate your interest in our products.

Please note, the Sound Collections and Sound Packs are different in iOS. The Sound Packs do not include the Sound Collections (SampleMoog, Miroslav Philharmonik, and Sonik Synth).

I asked about how to share Sampletank between Iphone and Ipad ant they answered that:

QuoteThese can be shared via iCloud. Just make sure to log into iCloud on both of your devices (With the same account). Open each app on your devices and use the Menu -> Store's Restore My In-app Purchases option. This should help get you started. If this does not help, let us know.

Not shure if they are talking about to share between devices the app or the sounds purchased, I asked for further clarification because Sampletank AFAIK is not universal.

Chumly

Rather a frenetic and unclear pricing strategy if you ask me!

Elantric

QuoteIn confusion, there is profit

http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/in_confusion_there_is_profit
"In confusion there is profit" (or "there is profit in confusion") has been used both in business and in government. Confusing laws can mean profit for lawyers and tax preparers. Confusing technology can mean profit for consultants.

Chumly

For some few years, I have been reading / rereading The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking, and the notion of model dependent realism comes amusingly to mind.

Elantric

jassy

Im maybe confussed but If there are Two different versions (iphone and ipad) how it can be universal?