EHX - Lester G (and K) rotary speaker pedal

Started by Elantric, January 05, 2016, 01:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Maybe i can sell my Korg G4?

EHX  - Lester G rotary speaker pedal

The ultimate rotary speaker emulator packed with goodies like a specially designed compression circuit to super-charge the rotating speaker effect on guitar. Lester G's comprehensive controls include fully adjustable tube-style overdrive, Fast and Slow modes and an Acceleration control to dial in the rate at which the effect transitions between speeds. The sound of that giant wood cabinet will now fit on a pedalboard!

This is Bill Ruppert's jaw-dropping demo video featuring the new EHX Lester G.

For more information, please visit:
http://www.ehx.com/products/lester-g

Elantric

whippinpost91850

WOW! What a great sounding pedal :P  And Bill's demo is outstanding as usual

mchad

mbenigni

Love Mike Matthews' demo, too!  :D

Or rather, I dig it.  :)

whippinpost91850

Mark, good to see you are still here. You're input is missed at the Kemper forum as well. Paul

mbenigni

Thanks, Paul!  The last couple of times I dipped my toes in the waters on the Kemper forum it did not go well.  There are one or two cats there who want to turn everything into a fight.  Plus, once I de-registered my KPA I lost access to all of the private content there.

I still lurk here pretty consistently, though.  I don't have as much to contribute since I'm mainly working with the Helix right now, but this is still home base for me.  :)

Elantric

QuoteThe last couple of times I dipped my toes in the waters on the Kemper forum it did not go well. 

I have same experience  - but again i know its typical human nature, after they drop big bucks on high ticket gear , owners always tend to generate their own "reality distortion field" and claim their gear can do no wrong.

I try to remain agnostic, without "spin" , but I have 1st hand experience at being "orphaned out of the inner sanctum"  due to being the messenger of faults / bugs with a few major M.I. products, and not adhering to role of unconditional cheerleader at an endless pep rally for the home team.   

I still own my Kemper, and use it in the studio, but I now own other gear that is a better fit for my live gig needs.

mbenigni

Quote from: Elantric on January 06, 2016, 12:39:44 PM...owners always tend to generate their own "reality distortion field" and claim their gear can do no wrong.

That's a good way of putting it.  And from there it's amazing how quickly they'll make things personal.

IMO it's a disservice to both the manufacturers and their customers to pretend any of these products are perfect.  When I find something I like, I'm motivated to call out both the strengths and weaknesses, in the interest of making it better.  I loved my Kemper, but the feature set was a little limited.  I love my Helix, but the amp modeling could be improved in some areas.  It seems like most people just want to pick a team and then pretend everything is perfect.  (If everything were perfect, I probably wouldn't waste as much time on gear forums LOL.)