Variax 500 + Pod Xt questions

Started by markus765, December 29, 2015, 09:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markus765

Hi all! I just got a Variax 500. All I got was the guitar itself, and was even missing the battery holder for the AA's, so I've got a few things ordered to make it work. I do have a couple of questions.

I stopped by one of my local music stores, and they have a used Pod XT. After doing a little reading about the Variax guitars, I think this will work with my 500. The questions I have are:

1) Will this supply power to the guitar, so I can go away from the batteries?

2) Will this connect me to the online website, so I can reset the original presets, and change settings?

3) Will I still need the USB dongle, or does the Pod mean I don't need to pay the $100.00?

I have a ton of other questions, but I'll stop here for now.

Elantric

QuoteI stopped by one of my local music stores, and they have a used Pod XT. After doing a little reading about the Variax guitars, I think this will work with my 500.

Be sure its the POD XT LIVE Floor model - that has the Variax VDI Input (missing on the POD XT Red bean version)

1) Will this supply power to the guitar, so I can go away from the batteries?

Provided its the POD XT Live Floor processor - yes

Quote2) Will this connect me to the online website, so I can reset the original presets, and change settings?

Provided its the POD XT Live Floor processor - yes it supports Variax Workbench Application for Windows / Mac  -

used to modify tunings, and load/save Variax Presets found here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=139.0

3) Will I still need the USB dongle, or does the Pod mean I don't need to pay the $100.00?

All you need is the Variax VDI cable with Neutrik Ethercon plugs on each end

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JLMXSC/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=28616268447&hvpos=1t3&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=861280444938324192&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_xn7zpxrgm_b

whippinpost91850

Markus, If you are in the US, I have a POD XT LIVE model, that will work, $100.00 +ship.  PM me if you are interested Paul (whippinpost91850)

whippinpost91850

Mark, I tried to PM you back , but your box is full. Send me your personal email