Variax and HD500

Started by duffy, November 26, 2015, 01:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duffy

I was trying out some of the presets in the update for the HD500 that has variax presets and while trying to change presets the variax power shut off so I tried unplugging the guitar and plugging it back in but then I got this repeating clicking sound and still nothing.The clicking sound was the sound the variax makes when you plug it in but now it just kept repeating.I'm hooked to the variax with the cable that lets the HD500 run it's settings.Is there something stupid I'm missing here are do I have a genuine problem? Couldn't get the pickup signal either just cut the variax signal completely to the HD500. The only thing I can think of that I did was when the preset went to a variax setting I switched the setting by using the toggle switch on my 5 way.I did this to see if it brought up the whole bank or if I used the toggle it would take me to where the selector on the variax was set. Like from Spank 5 back to chime 3 that the selector on the guitar was set at but it seemed to bring up the rest of the bank for Spank.Could that have caused the problem? Thanks for any input into the problem in advance.