GP-10- Tutu...

Started by susbemol, November 04, 2015, 08:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susbemol

Here's me making Miles turn in his grave again! :D

https://guitarsandsynths.wordpress.com/2015/11/04/tutu-ando/

Comments are always appreciated. GP-10's GR-300 emulation used in a few bits, the other instruments played using a GI-20.

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

joaobraga

wow, very cool!

if he moves in his grave is because he wants to listen better  ;)

susbemol

Thanks for listening, guys!

Dr Tadpole

Hey, many compliments!!! Simply fantastic. I had the luck to hear Miles playing Tutu in Lugano, maaaany years ago. Your rendition is suuuuper!!!
cheers

Giorgio

susbemol

Grazie, Giorgio! It's very kind of you to say so.

Autana

Great fresh rendition on a Miles fav of mine, Tutu. The hihop-ish treatment make it happy and funk. Your playing, beyond wanting to impress or dazzle with monster chops, is pro, subtle and tasteful. Fantastic! nice use of GP-10 and the VG tools there. May I ask..the jazz guitar sound is modeling (GP-10) or real guitar? it sound a bit similar to Godin xtSA neck pu.     
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

susbemol

Thanks for listening, Autana. It's great to hear that you enjoyed it. :)

The jazz guitar sound is a real Epiphone Joe Pass.

Autana

That is a sweet sound from your Epi JP!  now I am surprised, I have an Epi Joe Pass EII too, maybe the tone is different because I swap the original mics for  a pair of Gibson PAF taken from an old broken ES175. If you want to hear this is a recording with my JP : 
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

susbemol

Ah, it's you Carlos! :) I have listened to many of your recordings and you always sound brilliant, including this one!

Yes, my Epi JP has a Gotoh PAF on the neck - the stock pickups on these otherwise lovely guitars are pretty poor in my opinion.

MusicOverGear