Author Topic: GP-10 - Can the GP-10 tuner reflect the down tune settings?  (Read 572 times)

Offline 47Flyer

GP-10 - Can the GP-10 tuner reflect the down tune settings?
« on: September 28, 2015, 11:10:58 AM »
The band that I play with always plays everything tuned down 1/2 step.  When I set my GR-55 system settings to down tune shift -1 the tuner recognizes this setting so that the tuner shows an E even though it is hearing an Eb.  When I set the GP-10 down tune shift to -1 the tuner still shows what the guitar is actually sounding.  Playing an tuned down E string results in an Eb on the tuner.  What does this GP-10 down tune setting do and is there a way to get the tuner to operate like the one on the GR-55?  Didn't see an explanation in the OM.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 07:25:34 AM by Elantric »

Offline 47Flyer

Re: Can the GP-10 tuner reflect the down tune settings?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 10:55:28 AM »
I see that I have a few folks who looked at my question but no answers yet.  Perhaps the question was not specific enough or it was just a dumb question.  I'll try it again.

Does the tuner in the GP-10 always reflect the note that it is hearing?  Can the tuner be adjusted to display a note other that what it is hearing?  What function does the Down Tune system setting serve?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Offline Elantric

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 10:56:27 AM »
Can the tuner be adjusted to display a note other that what it is hearing?

no

Offline jwest

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 03:32:45 PM »
If the tuner reference frequency would allow you to go down to 415.3 hz that would work but it only goes down to 435. Oh well.

Offline Yohanes

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 12:05:36 AM »

...... What function does the Down Tune system setting serve?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I have same question, in the Boss GP-10 Boss Tone Studio, there is DwnTuneShift parameter in GK Setting window, the value can be choose between: 0, -1 until -5. Does anybody know what it is? (I have read the manual and googling with no result)
Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50

Offline sixeight

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 02:49:30 PM »
I have same question, in the Boss GP-10 Boss Tone Studio, there is DwnTuneShift parameter in GK Setting window, the value can be choose between: 0, -1 until -5. Does anybody know what it is? (I have read the manual and googling with no result)

AFAIK it is for those who have their guitars tuned down a semitone or more or who have a baritone guitar. It should improve tracking for osc synth and midi in those cases.

Offline Yohanes

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 06:30:58 PM »
AFAIK it is for those who have their guitars tuned down a semitone or more or who have a baritone guitar. It should improve tracking for osc synth and midi in those cases.

Hi sixeight,

Thank you for your reply, I understand now, it means if I tuned my guitar down a semitone from standard tuning, this parameter is to 'accomodate' it and I should put -1 in the DwnTuneShift parameter, now it make sense. Got it.  :) 
Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50

Offline admsustainiac

Re: GP-10 - Can the GP-10 tuner reflect the down tune settings?
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 12:33:57 PM »
it means if I tuned my guitar down a semitone from standard tuning, this parameter is to 'accomodate' it and I should put -1 in the DwnTuneShift parameter, now it make sense. Got it.  :)

Offline Yohanes

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 07:33:40 PM »
Ah, ya, my bad, it's on page 13  :-[

I was looking in Initial Setup on page 3, didn't thought it will explain in another page.

Thanks admsustainiac.
Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50

Offline Elantric

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 07:40:49 PM »
I was looking in Initial Setup on page 3, didn't thought it will explain in another page.

Same with the crucial PU PHASE and Normal PU Gain  settings - completely omitted on the GP-10 Initial Setup on page 3

If you want to understand what these functions do - read the older manuals (VG-99)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:54:50 PM by Elantric »

Offline pasha811

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 12:23:48 AM »
Same with the crucial PU PHASE and Normal PU Gain  settings - completely omitted on the GP-10 Initial Setup on page 3

If you want to understand what these functions do - read the older manuals (VG-99)

That solved my problem with balancing Normal PU with GK! :-) Thx!
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

Blog