Show us your VGuitar gear ...

Started by GrinPicker, March 09, 2009, 12:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter the GR-eat...

Pure Evil  ;)
My first try sending MIDI with the MIDX-20.
And. It works great!

Schrja

I got my GP-10 a little over a week ago, installed a GK-3 on my Strat and today I traded my MusicMan 112 RP Sixty-five for a JC-120.

I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the changes in my gear, but I'm sure I'm on the right track. The setup produces some HUGE sounds!
"Music is the cup that holds the wine of silence. Sound is that cup, but empty. Noise is that cup, but broken." - Robert Fripp

CodeSmart

Quote from: Schrja on July 12, 2017, 01:50:49 PM
I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the changes in my gear, but I'm sure I'm on the right track. The setup produces some HUGE sounds!
Recommend adding a FS-6 or FS-7 dual footswitch to it for turning additional effects on/off, then your rig is just perfect :D
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

Schrja

Quote from: CodeSmart on July 13, 2017, 02:56:46 PM
Recommend adding a FS-6 or FS-7 dual footswitch to it for turning additional effects on/off, then your rig is just perfect :D

I got the FS-6 and I'm diving deep into the assign options. And tomorrow I'm playing my first gig with the new setup.

I have a Behringer FCB1010 stored away under the bed, so that's  something I might be adding into the setup in the future. 😉
"Music is the cup that holds the wine of silence. Sound is that cup, but empty. Noise is that cup, but broken." - Robert Fripp

A2theT

Quote from: Piing on April 16, 2017, 06:02:12 AM
/snip
I use the VG99 and GP-10 for V-Guitar modelling only, connected to the Second Input of the Axe-FX II for effects, amps and cabs (I said goodbye to Roland COSM Amps and FX long time ago, with the first version of the Axe-FX standard)
/endofsnip

I've been using this setup for years and have tried everything to deal with the slight white noise between the VG-99 and Axe-FX II.
I've thrown a hum-x at it, ART cleanbox noise reducer, balanced vs. unbalanced cables, tried inserting the VG into the insert block or vg in front. No diff.

I was told the XL+ has improved but I just can't afford to sell mine to upgrade.  To do this, I'd have to pay tax on $2300 U.S in Canadian $ plus shipping etc.  Even if I was able to sell my Axe for $1900 Canadian it'll still be about a $1400 upgrade!  ($2249+$118shipping+$300tax) converted to Canadian is $3300.  :(

HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

tibi

Dunno where is the right place, im sorry if general is not correct one

I want to show you my rig after some upgrades. Why it might be interesting? Because, in 4U rack i got AXE, motu as live mixer and audio interface, and PC, as ultimate looper. ALSO in the back, i got roland VG-99 synth and its all three controlled with single midi controller, rolland FC-300, so its everything i might need for live, recording and live recording ;)

Also, i connected VG-99 though spdif to motu (to avoid D/A conversion on VG which is poor) and then connected from motu to AXE. Why not spdif -> AXE? Because you cant use analog input 1 (the one with lower noise floor) and spdif in at the same time. So synth goes to in2 and guitars into in1, AES for reamping. Additionally, guitar chain and synth chain is separated and comes out with different outs - in many situations i like to play both sounds and use only one for looping.

And yes, im using effects from axe over vg-99 synths due to superior quality :) Its working like a charm, i can use is with or without PC without any tweaking! :) Maybe it might help someone as a storage/transport solution for v-gear.

gafaell

VG 99
GR 55
RC 300 Boss
iPad - Sunrizer app
Sonuus mono synth for voice
Strat with internal GK3
Roland VP-1 Vocal processor
LP-16 sequencer

Live config.
Smooth Jazz duo with singer.
Cheers :)

Peter the GR-eat...

Ok this one goes into that thing and in between those and so on :)

imerkat

Brand new for 2017:

Been playing around with the Variax and the MIDI Guitar plugin included with the Vped. pretty cool being able to change tunings with the pickup selector switch

dblacha

At least, I have a guitar with everything I wanted on board: vibrato bridge (Shaller), Sustainiac, GK-3 and FTP. And with all of this, still the bridge pickup is full size humbucker (PRS Treble) !!!
So happy :-)

Regards!
VG8 / VG88 / VG99 / WP20G / GP10 / SY1000 / GKP4 / US20 / Sustainiac / EBow

Brak(E)man

Not a VG rig but my new acoustic SY rig
Missing are two opera DB powered Speakers
and two small Boss monitors
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Majiken

Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

romero

Here is my Newest custom Vguitar. based on an Asian IYV 24 fret SG. custom paint, stock CNC wound PUPS (for now, lol), locking tuners, graphtech bridge on the way, tusq nut, stealth GK3 wiring 1 vol 1 tone. 3 way toggle

grubersaberhagen

A double neck modeller/synth guitar? Ive just finished this - the top 6 string contains the electronics from a Variax 300 plus of course it has the GK3 pickup to run the GR55. The bass has my own pickups and also a GK3b to run a VB99. Complicated but not compared to some of you guys - some of these rigs are mind-blowing!

GuitarBuilder

I decided to put my GK equipment in a studio rack with drawers; still a work in progress, I'm waiting for CodeSmart's 13-pin cables to complete the interconnects.  From top to bottom:

Furman PL-8C Power Conditioner
Behringer Eurorack Pro RX1602 16-input mixer (stereo out to studio interface) - not shown in pics as yet
Yamaha G50
Drawer 1: BOSS SY-300 (in back), Voodoo Lab Pedal Power Supply, Spicetone 6APPEAL, Cycfi Research Nexus
Drawer 2: BOSS GP-10, Primova Sound MDX-20, iConnectivity iConnectMIDI4+, Primova Sound GKPX-14
Drawer 3: Roland GR-55
Drawer 4: Roland GR-300

All MIDI is routed to the iConnectMIDI4+ (using MIDI Solutions Quadra Merge and Thru).  My Mac Pro is connected via USB, all MIDI flows into my DAW.  The foot controller is a RJM MasterMind GT-16; I'll be able to program  presets to control all synths except for the GR-300.  A backup is my Roland FC-300 when I want to add the Roland VG-99 to the mix.

The 6APPEAL and Nexus hex string outputs are fed into Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Interfaces.  The SY-300, GP-10, GR-55, and GR-300 outputs are fed into the RX1602 mixer.

Front view of rack

Drawer 1

Drawer 1 showing SY-300 in back

Drawer 2

Drawer 3

Drawer 4

All drawers out
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

gumbo

I guess you'll just have to find another drawer for your socks & jocks now....   ;D

Seriously though, well done! 
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Machh_2

Hi all !
Nice can back after some time away cuz  painful loss in the family...
I want show a little upgrade in my set...just little...
i sell my Boss ME-5 and buy a GT-5 by the same price .. (i like olds...) , i get 28 effects against 9 in the ME-5... profit effects...
get in a Boss loopstation second hand bought by the equivalent U$60,00 and a PS-6 new , the guitar and amp is the same...
Hugs to all from Brazil...

BladesToyShop

Here is mine, as it stands right now.

chazz

I went against my better financial and physical logic and bought the 80 pound plus VGA7 but got it for under $375 and 70 miles from home.
Generally they go for 500 or more and they are not local.
Now I have my guitar man cave toys of my dreams.
I call them My three sons.
GODIN XTSA 3 VOICE 13 pin controller
ROLAND VGA7
ROLAND GR55
I need a free roadie for the almost 100 pounds the 8th inch plywood and cover I will make for amp.
its a happy week
Now comes reality of being an old fat guy plating one of the best set ups on Earth with no gigs and no band .....

Headless68

Sign of the times - restored my main headless this year - new paint job - new electrics - reprofiled some of the body - took the GK pickup OFF !!! & that is the sign of the times after 25+ years

chrish

Not mine but wish it was.

"
Maple through the body ,neck with an ebony fingerboard. body made of black walnut joined together on the side , it has Kent Armstrong Humbucker pickups it also comes with a Ghost acoustic pick up that is also midi and works with the Roland GK synthesizer . The Jack is on the side it has six bass strings and has a flamed maple stanchion. The machine heads are called Peg Head machine heads which are a violin type machine head that is geared . It also works off a stereo cable with bass on one side guitar on the other and the second cord would be going to the GK synthesizer so you can plug two cables into this unit."

https://reverb.com/item/10685104-full-circle-music-handmade-electric-midi-harp-guitar

Headless68

Quote from: Headless68 on September 23, 2018, 02:13:16 AM
Sign of the times - restored my main headless this year - new paint job - new electrics - reprofiled some of the body - took the GK pickup OFF !!! & that is the sign of the times after 25+ years

...........its got a GK Kit in it now - Haaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa :-)

mooncaine

Quote from: Headless68 on March 01, 2019, 10:24:16 AM
...........its got a GK Kit in it now - Haaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa :-)
Good!