Graphtech ghost pins/requirements/can I do this?

Started by Piplodocus, June 10, 2015, 10:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piplodocus

Hello!

Got some questions. Not sure this is the right forum, but it's largely to do with 13 pin outs + other multiple things.

I have a Parker with a ghost acoustiphonic pickup in. I was pondering adding the ghost hexpander thing to get some midi things. However, the FTP fits the kind of thing im most likely do, but I'm not keen on all the mounting stuff (both having mounts on my guitar which look ugly when not using midi, and also where the end of the pickup sits relative to my playing style). Hence I was gonna rustle up a 13-pin to FTP adapter, especially since I'm not currently a big midi guitar user so can mount it on my strap or leave it at home when not required. I've read a big thread on it but I've still got a couple of questions...

The hexpander page seems to say it gets powered from the Roland floor-whatsit from the way I read it. But the thread on here I read only mentioned connecting the 6 string wires and ground. Anyone know more about the ghost hexpander? And powering it?

Also there's a little godin/Roland "Traktion" switch for matching each system. What does that do?

Elantric

Many GK 13 users create a GK 13 > FTP adapter

details here:

FTP - DIY adapter to use GK 13 Pin Guitars with Tripleplay
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.0