Author Topic: Positive Grid BIAS FX (IOS)  (Read 29671 times)

Offline Elantric

Re: Positive Grid BIAS FX (IOS)
« Reply #250 on: March 18, 2017, 11:49:26 AM »
It's for this reason I don't rely on IPad based guitar Amp solutions.

If I mark the days without bugs it leaves only 100 usable days per year

Offline marcwormjim

« Reply #251 on: March 18, 2017, 02:13:08 PM »
Yup. The previous patch caused high-pitched feedback when changing patches, then the "This patch fixes crashes when changing presets" patch causes crashes when changing presets.

Offline Idgolfguy

« Reply #252 on: March 18, 2017, 09:58:15 PM »
Likewise, BIAS FX has proven to be unstable for gigging in the last 6 months.

Offline marco_AMMT

« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2017, 05:02:05 AM »
Likewise, BIAS FX has proven to be unstable for gigging in the last 6 months.

In my experience, Bias Fx on Ipad has been pretty stable until the last updates. The very last update seems to fix the problem for me.. i'll keep checking it in the next dfew days but no problems so far.

Are you still experiencing problem? even after the lastest update?

Offline Headless68

« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2017, 10:18:11 AM »
The latest fix seems ok for me so far - no crashes

Offline BackDAWman

« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2017, 04:17:07 PM »
It's for this reason I don't rely on IPad based guitar Amp solutions.

If I mark the days without bugs it leaves only 100 usable days per year

I agree! The last update caused mine to crash on the weekend during gigs. There I was playing away then suddenly no sound. I thought it was my lead but then I looked across at the ipad and Bias FX had disappeared into the digital ether.

That's why I bought a Kemper. It turned up a little too late to use for the weekend's gigs but it will be ready for the coming weekend! Woo Hoo!

Offline drbill

« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2017, 04:56:15 PM »
I've tried using the Bias Pedal plugin to supplement the overdrive options on the Kemper. I've found it to be unstable and fizzy.
GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

Offline Idgolfguy

« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2017, 06:42:13 PM »
In my experience, Bias Fx on Ipad has been pretty stable until the last updates. The very last update seems to fix the problem for me.. i'll keep checking it in the next dfew days but no problems so far.

Are you still experiencing problem? even after the lastest update?
Periodically, BIASFX seems to lose control of CCs and also glitches. I hadnt been able to replicate on call.
JamUp seem so more reliable.

I have an IPad Pro with both Bluetooth  foot switches from PG and IK.

Offline BackDAWman

« Reply #258 on: March 20, 2017, 08:59:54 PM »
I did some profiles today of the amps I set up in Bias. The Kemper did an awesome job!

Extremely excited. The effects in the Kemper are first class and make the Bias models soooo much better!

Offline marco_AMMT

« Reply #259 on: March 21, 2017, 02:49:22 AM »
I did some profiles today of the amps I set up in Bias. The Kemper did an awesome job!

Extremely excited. The effects in the Kemper are first class and make the Bias models soooo much better!

Hi BackDAWman, i'd be courious to hear your profiles done with Kemper - can you share some? are they on tonecloud? I'd be grateful if you could share some hi-gain and clean profiles!

BTW, version 1.5.2 still does not work well for me. I think i'd want to downgrade to 1.4.9 which was very stable in my experience.

Thank you!

Offline BackDAWman

« Reply #260 on: March 23, 2017, 12:43:58 AM »
I'll try and do some early next week. I could play a few examples and put them on Soundcloud. I have one Bias amp on Tonecloud called Dixon Deluxe. It's more or less a Marshall JCM800 into 4x12 Greenbacks. The Bias Dumble is my go to for 'clean' sounds with the occasional Blackface.

Profiling was the quickest way to get my sounds on the Kemper for the weekends gigging. Such a cool idea.

Today I profiled my Marshall 2553. It's the mini version of the Silver Jubilee. 2 x 'quad' boxes (actual 2 x 12s). The slant box has Vintage 30s and the bottom box has 75s(?) from memory. I bought it back in '88. Still has the Groove Tubes I put it in way back then and still has character. I was happy with the results. One dirty and one clean. Man, that amp is loud!  ;D

Offline BackDAWman

« Reply #261 on: March 23, 2017, 04:10:33 PM »
...I think I can put the profiles on the Kemper Rig Exchange...

I'll work how to do that... :o

Offline BackDAWman

« Reply #262 on: March 26, 2017, 10:52:50 PM »
Link to a demo of my Kemper profiles of Bias amps.

Link
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=RavingReality

Excuse the sloppy playing...making it up as I went along ;D

All the tracks were played with my '91 Strat Deluxe Plus with Gold Lace Sensors using the middle pickup. The last one is my Ibanez ARZ800 with EMGs, drop D tuning with the bridge pickup.

Offline whippinpost91850

« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2017, 05:42:09 PM »
looking forward to trying these

Offline BackDAWman

« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2017, 07:57:18 PM »
I've put my Bias profiles (and my Kasha Rockmod II profiles) on the Rig Exchange page.

Link: https://www.kemper-amps.com/rig/exchange

Filter for 'Bias' and you should find them  ;)

Blog