Jeff Beck Live Tokyo ( w/ Nicolas Meier on Guitar Synth)

Started by Elantric, March 06, 2015, 09:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

COMING TO A DVD STORE NEAR YOU

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074P49257/ref=pe_861660_138883610_fxm_4_0_n_id
In the summer of 2016, Jeff Beck celebrated 50 years of his musical career with a special concert at the famous Hollywood Bowl. The setlist reached back to his first recordings with The Yardbirds in 1966 and came right up to date with tracks from his most recent album "Loud Hailer." As the evening progressed he was joined by many of the great musicians he has collaborated with over the years including Billy F. Gibbons, Buddy Guy, Jimmy Hall, Jan Hammer, Beth Hart and Steven Tyler. The show climaxed with the guests all joining forces for an exhilarating encore performance of "Purple Rain" in tribute to Prince, who had passed away a couple of months before the concert.

Elantric

HAMERMAN409

I think he is amazing and possibly an alien from another planet (in a good way). I have a couple of guitarist friends who don't care for him and it still baffles me. I get tastes vary but Jeff's playing has covered a lot of turf so there should be something for almost everybody.

Rodrigo Schwarz

In 1998, I watched a show of Jeff Beck in Brazil. I was only a few meters away from him. To this day, I have never seen any better show. I went home happy to have had the opportunity to have seen playing the second best guitarist of all time.
GR-55 – VG-8EX - Esp Eclipse Standard 2 Amber Cherry Sunburst with GK-2A – Godin Multiac ACS SA - Gianinni Stratosonic (brazilian strat copy) whith EMG pickups – Roland JC 40

admin

Live 1971 at WinterLand - Strat with whammy bar on opening songs:
"Going Down"
"Ice Cream Cakes"
"Morning Dew" ( that breaks into a "Whipping Post" riff!

But Jeff Could get whammy type riffs with just a slide

chrisw

I was lucky enough to buy the actual Godin LGXT blue solid body guitar that Nicolas Meier used on the tour with Jeff Beck and which features on the live in Tokyo 2014 recordings.
What a great guitarist is Nicolas and a lovely guy - and the guitar is absolutely fantastic too!
It's great with all my Roland/Korg guitar synths and the VG-88 of course and so versatile with the piezo bridge pickup (almost acoustic sounding), the humbuckers and the synth together.