VG-99 - Expression pedal as whammy bar?

Started by G, July 05, 2014, 03:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G

Hey guys!

Has anyone achieved a whammy bar like effect using an expression pedal?

I feel like I saw someone talking about it on a thread but can't find it anymore.

Thanks for any direction!

G

Elantric

If you have a FC-300 - there is a factory VG-99 patch that already does this

http://lib.roland.co.jp/manual/en/dl_07-19865/VG-99_l_patch-list_je2.pdf

Digitech Whammy pitch shift
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=1433.msg7701#msg7701

Some take factory 006 D-Beam Whammy - copy it to the user patch area and modify the Control assignment from D-Beam to Expression Pedal

G

Thanks Elantric!  So this will work with a Roland ev 5 pedal?  I just got it recently until I have the funds to get the fc 300.

Elantric

Yes

Take factory 006 D-Beam Whammy - copy it to the user patch area and

modify the Control assignment from D-Beam to Expression Pedal

G

The only options i saw are:
KEY
BPM
BPM TAP
FC-300 AMP CONTROL 1
FC-300 AMP CONTROL 2
V-LINK SW

I don't see an expression pedal in that menu, am I interpreting something wrong ?

I've been trying to figure this out for days, I feel like a dunce!

Brent Flash

Quote from: G on July 11, 2014, 02:39:02 PM
The only options i saw are:
KEY
BPM
BPM TAP
FC-300 AMP CONTROL 1
FC-300 AMP CONTROL 2
V-LINK SW

I don't see an expression pedal in that menu, am I interpreting something wrong ?

I've been trying to figure this out for days, I feel like a dunce!
Look under D-BEAM.

Brent Flash

You will run into some difficulty so here is a thread the has a patch to control the ribbon. You will have to set up the D-BEAM for pitch the way I have it set for RIBBON filter control. Or you could just control the ribbon to do pitch instead of filter. Let me know if you need any help.https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=5382.msg76377#msg76377

Brent Flash

Oh, and since you don't have the FC you will have to switch to the pedal you have in ASSIGNS.

G

Oh, There we go, It was in the assign tab!  Whew.  Thank you for helping me out (once again) Elantric! 

G

Oh sh** Brent I just saw your posts.  Haha yes this was the answer !  Didn't refresh in time.  I will be saving this thread when my memory inevitably fogs out again...

G

Alright, something strange just happened -- I got a sliding pitch shift effect working using the D-BEAM T-ARM DOWN MIN (S/B/F) function in the Assign Tab for the EXP pedal.

After playing with that for a few hours, I went away for a moment, came back, and it was no longer working!  What's the deal? 

I tried your patch Brent, and its working for filter functions with Ribbon assigned to the Exp Pedal, but for some reason not  pitch shift.  Any ideas how to get this working again?

Brent Flash

Quote from: G on July 11, 2014, 06:25:59 PM
Alright, something strange just happened -- I got a sliding pitch shift effect working using the D-BEAM T-ARM DOWN MIN (S/B/F) function in the Assign Tab for the EXP pedal.

After playing with that for a few hours, I went away for a moment, came back, and it was no longer working!  What's the deal? 

I tried your patch Brent, and its working for filter functions with Ribbon assigned to the Exp Pedal, but for some reason not  pitch shift.  Any ideas how to get this working again?
There are two ASSIGNs that need to be set. One works the T-ARM and one turns it on with a slight movement of the pedal. Make sure you have both set up for the pedal you are using.

G

There we go!  That did the trick.  Thanks Brent, you are a VGuru !

Brent Flash

Quote from: G on July 12, 2014, 11:22:34 PM
There we go!  That did the trick.  Thanks Brent, you are a VGuru !
:)