RC-300 Firmware Version

Started by Tek, June 23, 2014, 09:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomatoketchup

Excellent! Thank you chrish for the info, it's reassuring. ;)

Tek

I've been using mine for over 3 years with version 1.10 and no issues. So far so good  :)

admin

Only "official" mention of Boss RC-300 firmware 1.10" I can find is here

https://www.roland.com/us/support/knowledge_base/115002272686/

Vers. 1.05 and 1.10 are identical Versions.
Vers 1.10 was made for internal documentation of hardware adjustments/changes and is unrelated to the System Firmware.

RC-300: ERROR - TOO BUSY AND SYSTEM VERSIONS 1.05 / 1.10
Tags: RC-300, TooBusy, Versions, Error
RC-300: ERROR - TOO BUSY and Versions 1.05/1.10

The Error Definition for the TOO BUSY ERROR is as follows:
The RC-300 could not process the data completely.

Possible causes and solutions are:
1. Lower the performance tempo.

2. WRITE/Save the current content to a phrase memory and WRITE/Save more often in work flow.

3. Reduce the number of adjustments or changes made with the RC-300's knobs and pedals.

4. Reduce the number or size of MIDI messages transmitted to the RC-300.

5. Ensure that the phrase is not shorter than 1.5 seconds.

The best advice is to try and WRITE/SAVE more often, the system memory is limited.
Unfortunately live performance doesn't always allow for moments to WRITE/SAVE but you'll have to find moments when the RC-300 is stopped and you are able to WRITE.

Another possible work around is to advance to a different MEMORY VALUE/PATCH.
There are several parameters the RC-300 is computing and preserving (for example UNDO for each track).

Check your RC-300 SYSTEM PROGRAM VERSION.
How to tell the Version Please check the version of the system working on your RC-300 before downloading the archive file.
1. Adjust the MASTER [ LEVEL ] knob, TRACK [1] [2] [3] sliders and RHYTHM [ LEVEL ]knob to minimum.

2. Hold down the RHYTHM [ EDIT ] button and [ TAP TEMPO ] button and switch on the power.
The left display will show the current version number at "Ver"

3. Turn RC-300 OFF after checking the version.

Vers. 1.05 and 1.10 are identical Versions.
Vers 1.10 was made for internal documentation of hardware adjustments/changes and is unrelated to the System Firmware.

aliensporebomb

I'm pretty content with the 1.05 and I've used it as an audio interface (a feature it's not really advertised as having) among other things besides a looper.  It's a nice unit although I wish they'd come out with a new one with 2 more loops (or 3) instead of the pedal.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Elantric

5 years later, still no sight of RC-300 FW 1.10

Boss still shows most recent  RC-300 firmware as FW 1.05
https://www.boss.info/us/support/by_product/rc-300/updates_drivers/207621af-6b41-437a-8585-67198ba8dd38/
Update history
[ Ver.1.05 ]
Bug Fixes
The following bugs were fixed.
Some personal computers might not recognize the device connected with the USB 3.0 port.
Other USB equipments might not work when a personal computer rebooted with connecting the device via the USB 3.0 port.
When you save a phrase memory after recording in the specific procedures, it might save an unintended sound.
[ Ver.1.03 ]
Bug Fixes
The following bugs were fixed.
Some noises might occur on a USB Audio signal.
RC-300 might hang up when you switch an effect patch.
[ Ver.1.02 ]
Bug Fix
The following bug is fixed.
RC-300 might stop working with the " Too Busy! " message on the display when it was switched from "REC" to "PLAY" on the "Memory:Single Tr Play=ON" setting.