Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
(Image removed from quote.)

If buying today - I would just order and Internal Luthier Kit  - that comes with better electronics and all the feature packs already

i got a question.

1.if the board fails can i transfer to a new board the software feature packs provided that peavey still have board stocks and customer support?

2.is Antares providing us replacement boards and standalone software transfer?
Hi-Tech Guitar Gear / Re: Zoom MS70 CDR Question
« Last post by Redvers on Today at 03:32:11 AM »
I'm not 100% if I'm doing it in root or as a user, also i haven't tried delaying the command, it might work if I let the pi find the devices first maybe? It's all good fun.
Antares Auto-Tune Guitar Top things to know / Re: ATG/Peavey Dilemma
« Last post by cags12 on Today at 02:33:52 AM »
I'd been thinking about biting the bullet on an ATG custom installation kit as I just purchased an ATG-1 at super low price and it's amazing but I'd really like the functionality built into a guitar. I'm not in the US and Antares may have stopped shipping OS after my recent order (unclear). They cease sales in about a week and support not long after.

If you contact Henrik directly, he will quote you for the international shipping and send to you. They stopped offering free international shipping but they still can accommodate (for the right fee) the international shipping.

FWIW - The piezo version (unity gain) of the DSP4 (yet to confirm the DSP3) can be fed by a GK 13 pin output. So you could build a super reduced version of the ATG-1 that can be fully controlled via a MIDI foot controller.
« Last post by sixeight on Today at 02:16:49 AM »
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I got it working. The secret? No idea, just used a more up to date os I guess? So I have a super old Yamaha midi foot controller controlling s USB device which is good.

That is great...

I can't get it to work on reboot but that's an issue for another day.

That is a pain to get working properly. I have just updated that part of the VCbridge code as it wasn't working again...
« Last post by Redvers on Today at 01:43:11 AM »
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I got it working. The secret? No idea, just used a more up to date os I guess? So I have a super old Yamaha midi foot controller controlling s USB device which is good.

I can't get it to work on reboot but that's an issue for another day. 
Right, reading more indicates the Peavey AT-200 uses a different DSP board and the luthier kits seem like a better bet. The luthier kits also seem to include the complete software packs. Antares marketing material is somewhat ambiguous on certain points - hence my frequent use of 'seem/s'.
Like many of us, I use both the GP-10 and the GR-55 for live gigs.
47Flyer, it could have been me. I use them both exactly like you explained.
Hmmm -  I haven't seen this happen. But I'll keep my eyes open.

(ya know, that just sounds like a Futurama-esque commercial, somehow)

I have played the Virtual Jeff for several days, and one thing keeps happening: sometimes, the pitch stops bending, and just stays stuck at one semitone off.

Not sure, but it seems to be 'resettable' cuz when I pull out the 1/8" connector and reinsert it, the VJ works again. Also, this seemed to work: stomping the 'active' button on the floor unit twice, to toggle it off/on.

I already tried replacing the 1/8" stereo cable with a fresh new one.

PS: mine squeaks every now & then, mechanically. Does yours?
Hi-Tech Guitar Gear / Re: FOMOfx - Virtual Jeff
« Last post by vanceg on Today at 12:15:24 AM »
I also wanted to mention that I have successfully worked out a way to use the Virtual Jeff whammy hardware WITHOUT the footpedal box that goes with it.  Now, MOST people will likely want to stick with the footpedal that comes with the Virtual Jeff, but I wanted to have a physically smaller solution, and I was hoping to find a device which would allow me to use the Virtual Jeff whammy bar hardware, but would allow me to assign any MIDI messages I wanted to it. 
I was successful plugging my Virtual Jeff into a Audiofront MIDI Expression Quatro.  I simply connected the Virtual Jeff to the MIDI Expression Quatro using a TRS cable.  I then used the MIDI Expression Quatro to reverse the polarity of the jack (necessary due to the way they have the Virtual Jeff wired).  After that, the Virtual Jeff basically functioned like any other continuous controller such as a pedal or knob hooked up to the MIDI Expression.  I assigned it's output to be MIDI CC11 and I was off to the races, assigning it's output to parameters in the VG-99.

I stress again that MOST people are going to want to simply use the Virtual Jeff's footpedal as it seems to do a very good job of "taming" the raw signal from the Virtual Jeff hardware.  Most notably, the Virtual Jeff  whammy hardware is not entirely consistent with the voltage that it puts out when in it's rest state.  Sometimes it's a little higher, sometimes a little lower.  This causes it to not return to MIDI CC value 63 (middle) reliably. But the footpedal that comes with the Virtual Jeff takes care of this and I have never seen the Virtual Jeff footpedal put out anything other than it's proper signal values when in the middle position. This is ONLY an issue if you are trying to misuse the Virtual Jeff whammy bar hardware and connect it to a third party CV to MIDI converter. 

For this reason, I'd recommend to people that they DO use the included footpedal with the Virtual Jeff whammy hardware.  I just wanted to note that I HAVE successfully used it with a third party CV to MIDI converter...but with some extra difficulty.
Hi-Tech Guitar Gear / Re: FOMOfx - Virtual Jeff
« Last post by vanceg on Today at 12:00:00 AM »
Hey there Mooncaine:
 I've FINALLY had more of a chance to work with the Virtual Jeff and have a few observations. 
First of all - thus far I've mainly been working with getting the Virtual Jeff to function well as a controller for the "T-Arm" function of the VG-99. I have remapped the MIDI out of the Virtual Jeff so that the VJ is sending just MIDI CC11 to the VG-99 and this has been assigned to the 'DBeam: T-Arm: Control parameter.   Obviously this allows me to control the T-Arm "Virtual Whammy Bar" effect using the Virtual Jeff.  Cool.

Previously I had noticed that there was an audible glitch when the Virtual Jeff came to rest in it's middle position, sending out a MIDI CC message of 64.  It was quite noticable and made small movements of the VJ quite annoying sounding as it sounded like the pitch shifting that is going on inside the VG-99 to produce the whammy effect was turning on and off. 

To try to KEEP the T-arm effect ON, and avoid this glitch, I decided to assign a control to turn the parameter "DBeam:T-Arm:SW" on, and never turn it off. 
UNfortunately, I STILL got that weird glitch.  So I figured it wasn't the T-Arm effect turning on and off, but was just a side effect of the T-Arm effect, and maybe there wasn't anything I could do about it.

But then I tried not using the "DBeam" control of the T-Arm effect, but using the Ribbon control of the T-Arm effect.  Again, I had to assign a control to turn on the "Ribbon:T-Arm:SW" parameter as soon as the patch is loaded.   I then assigned MIDI CC11 to the "Ribbon:T-Arm:control" parameter.  When I move and then release the Virtual Jeff, I do NOT get that weird glitch sounding like the T-Arm effect is turning on and off. 

Very odd.  Perhaps the D-beam has some "auto on" feature (which would make some sense)... or perhaps this is a bug... but I've checked it several times and it really seems to be the case.

IF you are annoyed by that little "glitch" that happens, you might want to try using the T-arm control inside the Ribbon control area.

had been assigning the MIDI CC message that was coming from the Virtual Jeff to the
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10