VGuitar Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:30:34 AM 
Started by Silas - Last post by Jim Wintringham
before changing your instrument, I would suggest working with the various settings in the GR-55. With some changes, you can really get rid of most ghost noise/ notes. You may also have to adapt your playing style....the GR-55 needs you to play more exacting than guitar alone (sloppy playing= bad notes)  :)

on: Today at 07:06:47 AM 
Started by aliensporebomb - Last post by Ludek
I received mine yesterday from Thomann.de. First impressions were embarrassing - I plugged the outs into my Boss RC-202 ins and the "digital artifacts" I heard about from some reviewers were so audible that I said to myself - I had to return it immediately.. Several times  I also managed to get such a feedback that I it almost tore my ears and had to switch everything off as I was confused and didn't know where is the feedback source... 
Everything changed when I plugged the OM outputs directly in stereo into my Roland JC 40 and VOX AC10. The artifacts are gone and the sound is really inspiring, though I must admit it will take some time to be fully oriented in the device operation. So I don't know whether the mistake is in nature of both devices or some special cables connections or setting must be made...I'l try again today later in the afternoon.
I also discovered several things I do not like (if its really true ) - I am afraid that even though the midi implementation is quite complex in OM, it does not have midi sync - at least I could not find how to get in sync operation with my RC-202. The manual does not say anything about it and no answer to my question can be found on the web yet.
Another bad thing is that the pedal control can be applied only onto a single parameter ( you can't control both A and B delay mix for instance ) and I also could not find out how to limit the course of the pedal from its minimal value to the desired one ( it's always the 100% value ).
Nevertheless my feelings about the OM are very positive. I spent two hours playing with it yesterday and it was really fun.

on: Today at 06:00:07 AM 
Started by Silas - Last post by Silas
Does anyone has tried 2Tek Bridges and knows if it helps with less ghost notes?

The manufacturer says it isolates the strings (less crosstalk)

Here are:

http://www.the2tek.com/engine/inspect.asp?Item=4

The problem I see is that if you dont like the bridge you canĀ“t uninstall it because you modify the instrument a lot!

Thanks

on: Today at 05:26:42 AM 
Started by scattitude - Last post by Cups
What I suggested might not work. Unless you assign the switching to CTR and then use another assign for the sweep? Don't know if that's possible.

on: Today at 12:44:52 AM 
Started by scattitude - Last post by Brak(E)man
Thanks, Brak.  That doesn't answer my problem, but thanks for the tip on calibrating the toe-switch - just found it!
It does or I'm not understanding what you want to be able to do

on: Yesterday at 11:39:02 PM 
Started by Elantric - Last post by BackDAWman
I used the Freqout on the weekend gigging and I loved it. Going direct into a PA I can never get that awesome feedback that finishes a song so dramatically! It was very very convincing! I used the Boss Feedbacker years ago and it I didn't think it was that great. The Digitech offering is well worth the money!

on: Yesterday at 11:38:12 PM 
Started by Gurbz - Last post by Gurbz
Solved the situation: I now can combine all vg-88 user presets with any of the 4 programmed preset on the boss katana head. Say I wanna use telecaster model, preset 8 vg-88 with preset 1 katana, I was in trouble because of the lack of a midi map.

My solution: a roland um-one usb midi adapter (I used for updating vg-88 to v2 software) in tablet mode with two great little apps: midibridge and freEWI. This turns an old iPhone in a full blown midi program change mapper. The #cc messages are also editable so now I can keave the ga-fc at home when using the vg-88.

Grtz,

Gurbz

on: Yesterday at 11:08:06 PM 
Started by chamav - Last post by Elantric
If you seek triggering synths with acoustic guitar as controller

Get a new computer and run Jam Origin MIDI Guitar app and trigger softsynths

Like Paul Dreissen

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7530.msg148102#msg148102

on: Yesterday at 10:50:21 PM 
Started by chamav - Last post by gumtown
I would still like to mount an Hex pickup on my acoustic, do you think if I mounted it on a plate over the soundhole it would function correctly?
I will chime in and say mounting over the sound hole serves no use for a magnetic pickup, only an acoustic pickup.
Best mounted as close to the bridge as possible.

BTW: This might seem obvious,
but make sure your strings are not nylon, only steel or bronze strings work with magnetic pickups

on: Yesterday at 10:10:09 PM 
Started by Elantric - Last post by gumtown
I remember quoting such an idea on hex pickups some years ago,
and I found it here.

Has anyone ever concidered or tried using the likes of the old compact cassette tape playback heads for GK style pickups? one for each string.
I had thought of this idea decades ago as an idea for having separate string control and analog outputs for processing each string with different effects.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Blog