Tapatalk not working

Started by NeoCZ, May 18, 2014, 11:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoCZ

Does anyone else have problem with viewing this forum via Tapatalk app? It used to work but for week or two I can't use it for this forum anymore...

Kevin M

This forum works for me and I use Tapatalk about 98% of the time for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

musicman65

Same here. Works ok...using it now. PMs don't always work and subscribed messages list doesn't work like on other Tapatalk enabled forums.

FYI, I use the paid Pro version.

NeoCZ

Sorry for a little bit late reply...

I still have problem, sometimes forum won't load at all, sometimes it suddenly works ok. It applies for both Android and Windows 8 version.

sixeight

Just bought a new phone. Tapatalk worked fine on my old phone, but with Android KitKat I am unable to log in. Anyone else having thuis trouble?

Elantric, havee the tapatalk api's on the forum recently been updated?

Elantric

Tap-a-talk forum tools have not changed for quite a while.
( But know I have ZERO love for Tap-a-Talk, prefer a robust Android browser like XScope Pro )

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sui.mRelease&hl=en

musicman65

FYI...I have the older paid version of TapaTalk Pro and it works great. Those b@s £@rds turned the next release of Pro into a free version with ads so I stayed with the old one. Its version TapaTalk Pro 2.4.13.

sixeight

Managed to get hold of the old apk. On my old phone I had paid for that version. Back up and running with Tapatalk 2.4.14

Pity Tapatalk 4 is unable to log in. Without that it is pretty useless, as it will only allow browsing the forum, but not viewing the latest posts.

guitarnstuff

I can view forum and sign-in in browser. I can view forum in tapatalk.  I CAN NOT sign into forum via tapatalk.  What's up?

sixeight

I have had the same problem. You need to find the apk of Tapatalk 2.4.13 and use that version. It can be downloaded from the internet.

MusicOverGear

Thanks, SixEight. I had the same issue and when I first came to this forum I spent a good 30 minutes trying to read up on it and fix it from my end - it can't be fixed from the client.

Using Tapatalk 2.4.13 I am able to log in now, though this version of Taptalk doesn't seem to save my password. Oh, well - at least I can log in now if I want to.

black_bottom

Hi all,

I can read vguitarforums.com suing tapatalk, but:
I cannot login into this forum using tapatalk for android (Lollipop, latest version of tapatalk): "Username or password not valide" (german text translated to english).

As you can see I'm registred and take the same username + password as I do when I login uing a PC + internetbrowser.

What I can do ? Thanx.

black_bottom

The 'solution' to use 2.4.13 does not run for me, because 2.4.13 is not able to find 'vguitarforums.com' - I dont know why.

I use a nexus 5 (rooted) and lollipop 5.1.1

this means I cannot write in this forum using tapatalk  :'(

TheParasite

It is working now, at least for iPad.  Not sure I think this way is better than just hitting the usual URL yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Godin XTSa (a pretty one)

shawnb

You may find the new responsive theme helpful:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=19252.0

There are concerns with the later versions of Tapatalk, which is why we have not upgraded it.  They want to modify our security code, which we will not allow.  There are other odd practices they follow - they nearly brought our site down once with aggressive crawling. 

With a good responsive theme, Tapatalk should no longer be needed.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp