Get (most) of the VG-99 forum patches here!

Started by A2theT, November 09, 2009, 04:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A2theT

One compilation is categorized by genre and the other compilation has been zipped up alphabetically.   

A couple of other things to note: 
Patches have been renamed to include the patch name, artist name, and creator (forum member).  The reason for this is because there were so many patches that started with the name Flash or AJ or LM etc, so I put the creators name at the end.  This way if you're looking to trial a bunch of Pink Floyd patches you can see them all in a row as they all start with Pink Floyd. There are also a few patches of mine mixed in that I have never posted before.

If you find a patch you like or have questions regarding a patch, please go to the root of the "VG-99 Patches" forum and search on the original post.  There may be insight on the use of controllers or vital information regarding that patch.

Andrew.
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

acousticglue

cynegetic

Elantric

bob e

What a terrific thing to do for everyone here!  Thank you.

Paresh

This is awesome & should advance the VG up another notch!
paresh

maxdaddy

Thanks for doing this for all of us!

Dave
Plant City, Florida, USA!

acousticglue

Paresh

What happens to future patches that are not already in the list?
paresh

A2theT

Unless a bot or a script can be run server-side then I have to update the .zip files manually.
i.e. once a week etc.  Thats why I included the date in the titles.
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

Elantric

Or someone else here could be proactive and simply add newer patches to the ZIP as needed.

A2theT

I don't mind doing it.  Lets see if I can keep up with it for a while.  This was a feature I found over at the Digitech forum which I really liked.  However, they had a script running that would repackage the zip file after a user uploaded a new patch.   If we were seeing 10 patches upload / day on this site then it may become a problem but we'll see how it goes form here out.  I'd hate to commit to something I couldn't consistently deliver on but I have a systematic process set up which should allow me to maintain it somewhat. 
HEAVY on the METAL

paults

Many thanks!  ;D  As a new VG-99 owner, the patches on this site that you have all come up with are giving me a much better ideas of what this box than the presets.  Putting them all in a zip file is a huge help!

BCRICH53

Thank you very much. I am a 56 year old electrician in a steel mill who used to play full time. The time and labor you put in makes it possible for a person like myself to be able to enjoy the limited time I have playing and tweekin, instead of starting from scratch for a sound and taking precious hours.

Sound of Dreams

Thank you very much! Just on time too, I haven't been on site for a good while...

P.S. Anyone hear about an updated driver (x64 sytems, Win7) yet?
Pascal Kinney [J.P]
http://www.soundofdreams.net

A2theT

HEAVY on the METAL

joetiki

Now_And_Then

aliensporebomb

How did I miss this thread?  Domo arigato and a garland of a thousand martian fireflowers for this!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Don Juan de Marco

Kmachman

This has got to be the best thread on this site...  Thanks.
Jackson w/GK3
Roland VG-99
Roland GR-20
Digitech VL4
(On Order) Roland GR-55

A2theT

Thanks again and Happy Holidays to everyone!
HEAVY on the METAL

aliensporebomb

I've had more fun auditioning/editing/playing with these patches than should be legal.  Great fun!

I was sitting there jamming on "Rock Lobster" and my wife was looking at me like I was nuts but she loves the B52s so...
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

A2theT

Congrats to all the Vguitar Forum patch contributors!
We've exceeded the 1,000 patch mark!

Andrew.
HEAVY on the METAL

Lizard

This is exactly what I was looking for! :) :) :)
Great job, man and thanks a lot! ;D