Hello from Huddersfield, UK

Started by calken, July 29, 2015, 01:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calken

Morning/Afternoon/Evening everyone.

I'm (another) guitarist Variax JTV69S, Variax 500, Variax Acoustic 700, Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon, Variax 700 Bass and I've had more Line6 amps and pedal boards than I care to mention.  This is balanced with a PRS, Gibson Les Paul and a Yammy APX4a.  My first pedal board love came in the form of the Boss GT5 (what the hell happen to that?).

I've had a custom Roland TD20 VDrum set (Wife made me sell it but this does mean that I can pull the strings to have a much better one in a few years) but also the TD6 and TD8.  Been heavily into digital mixing for years (Yamaha 01V, Behringer DDX3216 era) but also love building speakers.  Bill Fitzmaurice are my designs of choice.

The speaker building came from always being dissatisfied with the audio reproduction from modeled/profiled instruments and amps/pedals into off the shelf cabs.

I found this site when looking Workbench HD patches for my Variax and it feels very similar to the VDrums forum.

I've done the usual thing of playing gigs 4 times a week for too many years, then dropping of the radar, neglecting my guitars but now getting back into it an finding the love again.  I also hate the internet because youngsters have access to really good cheap stuff and can learn an infinite amount of licks and songs with their abundance of free time (some say I'm just bitter)

Look forward to causing chaos (through confusion and misunderstanding)

Chris.

whippinpost91850

Headless68

' I also hate the internet because youngsters have access to really good cheap stuff and can learn an infinite amount of licks and songs with their abundance of free time (some say I'm just bitter)'

:-)

Welcome
Headless (Nottingham)