GR-55 - Get many of the GR-55 Guitar Mode Forum Patches Here!

Started by A2theT, April 17, 2011, 05:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecca

I agree with all the hear hears.
Great forum.
( Now how do you get some karmas ? )  :-*

tekrytor

Quote from: ecca on February 06, 2012, 11:09:16 PM
I agree with all the hear hears.
Great forum.
( Now how do you get some karmas ? )  :-*

Just pay it forward. Help when you can and click the applaud button when somebody helps you. It all comes back.
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

A2theT

I've finally updated the archive and list.  Its been 6 months and we've gained about 75 patches.
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

kenact

Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

A2theT

We've jumped to 810 patches with recent contributions from Jim Williams, Germanicus, and Gastric.
We may exceed Elantrics prediction.

Lots of good patches in here.  Germ has a pile of JTV geared patches and some solid Amp and standard pickup ones.  Gastric has a fleet of categorized and what appears to be more synth based.
It was a lot of work to extract them all from their patch dumps so I'm not sure that I will attack that feat again.

Thanks!
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

Elantric

Thanks "A to the T" for ALL your hard work in building these
"Get all your Patches in one ZIP file" download files!

Saves much time for everyone!   

A2theT

HEAVY on the METAL

datsunrobbie

Thank you for the new zip files. Now if I could just find time to unzip them and start playing again...

baluchris

Thanks a lot for the hard work!!

(From a new GR55 user)

randyrocker

Thanks so much I was looking for an Eric Johnson patch I think I get blurry eyed at times :)

;D

Tone

Thanks for posting numerous excellent patches, but hundreds of patches in separate files are a nightmare to organize -- so I put them all into a single Librarian file and used the 'memo' columns to group them by Instrument, Sound, Author and Rating. Consider this as work in progress, I will post an update shortly.
-- Download the updated compilation from the latest post

Elantric

Wow!

Thank you Tone for sharing that GR-55 Librarian format file with all Forum GR-55 patches.

Tone

948, but not ALL the forum patches. In the the end there were just too many to handle -- so I had to take a random sample from the more prolific authors (germanicus and gastic). Also many were discarded because very bad or badly named or doubles.

TotallyKenny

What you have done here is just outstanding !! So much work and time into these files to download .. I thank you so very much for this !!   Regards, TotallyKenny ;D ;D

Tone

I'm glad you found it useful, and seeing that there is some general interest I made an update: some errors corrected, but mainly lower ratings reappraised.
Next I will jam through the 6+ rated patches and fine-tune those.
Cheers, Tone

Tone

This is the update of GR-55 Patches 02:
1. Instrument and genre columns restructured -- should be more useful this way
2. The "Mix" entry for instrument covered too many patches, so now the dominant instrument will figure with accompaniment, e.g.: G Electric +acc.; Keyboard +acc. (only been through the 6+ patches for now).
Next update will include the 90 factory sets in the 1.5 Roland system update (firmware).

Also, I think I've found a big BUG! -- The patch named "Spectres ctl dis" (by germanicus) will not write consistently into the GR-55: sometimes it will have a strat, then a les paul, or les paul + piano, and if you write it onto another patch it will mix with it!
Feedback on this would be appreciated -- if only to confirm my sanity...

fizog

Tone

Thanks, fizog, for the comment. I'll post an update soon -- in the next few days.

Tone

This is the update of GR-55 Patches 03:
- All entries corrected and 221 new patches added.

Next time I will include a patch of my own!

A2theT

HEAVY on the METAL

Tone

Thanks, A to the T, I see you have made several patches, please correct any errors, and make additions -- for the next update.

TommyJay

Quote from: thatsrayor on May 24, 2011, 07:43:21 PM
This is awesome, thank you!!  :D

Is there any way to bulk load the patches to the GR55? So far I've just been loading a patch, copying it to a clipboard, pasting it then writing it. I'm hoping there's a quicker way...

Please don't get me wrong as I am totally greatful for the great work done for us all but I two was wondering if there is a way of bulk loading the patches.

Thanks very very much again.
Tommy  :)

Tone

Open any multiple patch file in GR-55 Librarian, and just copy (Ctrl+C) the patches you need and paste (Ctrl+V) them into the main window. Now you can write <all> 99 banks, or <selected> patches into the GR-55 (Multiple select using LMB+Ctrl or LMB+Shift).
Of-course patches organised like this (as in a database) allows you to select them using the column ordering, e.g. you can quickly select patches by a certain author or all the electric guitars in the metal genre.

Elantric

This document "INFOCUS02.pdf" is a "MUST READ" for all VG-99 /GR-55 owners, it walks you through how to use the  Roland Librarian.

http://www.roland.co.uk/assets/media/pdf/INFOCUS02.pdf

Tone

-- GR-55 LIBRARIAN BUG --
In an earlier post I mentioned a specific patch not writing correctly into the GR-55. Just recently I loaded about 150 patches -- 6 out of the first 30 did not write correctly! They seem to have reverted to variations of "Init" type patches.
The image attached shows the result of a test I did yesterday: I loaded a single patch (Good+Nylon+Fun) 3 times into the pedal using the Librarian, and once with the GR-55 FloorBoard (the third attempt). Only by using the GR-55 FloorBoard to load and write the original patch file do I consistently get correct data.
Has anyone else had this problem?

p.s. my OS is Windows Vista Business 64-bit (Italian Version)