Problem with posting using IE9

Started by madwab, March 08, 2011, 06:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madwab

Hi

I'm a new member, and I've just managed to post in the 'Introduce Yourself' section after trying for nearly an hour. I finally managed after switching from IE9 to Chrome, which also triggered a new security question. So either I'm wrong in thing 'the usually plastic & triangle shaped object used to play the guitar' is a 'plectrum' (without the quotes, of course), or under some circumstances IE9 triggering a fail with correct answers. It is possible that I misread the 'letters' test with 2 different sets of letters, and then got it right first time in Chrome, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Also in IE9, the 'request another image' link fails: the current one disappears but isn't replaced by a new one, I have to go back to the section and start another post. The option works in Chrome, so there is an issue with IE9.

Sorry if this is already known; I searched Help for IE9 and found one unrelated entry.

aliensporebomb

Given that IE9 is still technically in beta at present I wouldn't recommend it.

But given that I'm an IT professional I wouldn't recommend any version of IE anywhere because it's generally been full of loopholes for malware to sneak into windows based systems.

Firefox / Safari / Opera or Chrome for Casual browsing, if you must use IE for business related purposes use it for that and that's it.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

MCK

As another jaded IT professional I fully agree with the above sentiment about IE... I will make an effort to dig through forum support pages to see whats going on there though. Thanks for bringing this trouble to my attention.

madwab

Thanks. As a jaded IT professional myself, I'm quite happy with IE - I've tried most others and find that for me they introduce as many problems as they solve; however I was a bit careless (unprofessional, if you will) when I installed IE9, in that I allowed Microsoft to screw me: I installed it after getting an email from MSN saying it was ready, and if it mentioned that it was an RC release, it did so in very small print. Your reply is the first I realized that it wasn't a full release.

I'll use Chrome until the release is official - I always have it installed as a backup anyway.

Addendum: OK, I just got the same rrror in Chrome; again, the answer to the security question was plectrum. I definitely answered the letters question correctly. I'm entering this reply in IE9, the question is the GK cable pin count. If you're reading this, then the problem is the security question, perhaps only in IE9 - but with other questions working OK.

madwab

Well, there you go - this time Chrome failed and IE9 worked. They've both failed today with the plectrum question: is it coded to accept 'plectrum' (which isn't working for me, or am I supposed to type 'a plectrum' or 'Plectrum' or some other variation?

stueym

Try pick (as in Pick of Destiny).  Sadly a lot of Americans dont know what a plectrum is.

Elantric

I have the site Admin looking into this

MCK