axon / apple mainstage

Started by bb25, January 22, 2016, 02:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb25

Hi , i wonder if there are any axon experts who can help me, 
I have just bought an axon 100 sb mk 2 , and want to use it witg apple mainstage , i have got it working by using a midi in/out/ usb cable and setting up a midi channel in mainstage and i can use all the instruments pads etc within mainstage ,but i cant figure out how to use the string splits in this way , i know how to do it using the internal sounds but i want to .com it with mainstage , also i am aware that the axon software editor no longer works , any help with this would .net apreciated , thanks , Robin

Nobulusprime

I just bought one not knowing the editor does not work with the later versions of Mac OS. The solution I found was to use was to use an old laptop with 10.6 on (snow leopard) I think lion is latest it will work on. You can do this on one machine if you make a partition on your macs main drive (or an external drive) and install the correct OS then boot from that drive :)
Here's the editor link: http://macdownload.informer.com/axon-ax-100-editor-v-universal/download/

concordal

Nobulusprime, there is another option if you want to run something using an older Mac OS.  With VMware Fusion (http://www.vmware.com/ca/en/products/fusion) you can load the older OS - Lion, in your case,- and run that in a virtual space without re-booting.  You can also have other OS's ready to launch as needed, , eg Windows.

kubel

Quote from: bb25 on January 22, 2016, 02:58:50 AM
Hi , i wonder if there are any axon experts who can help me, 
I have just bought an axon 100 sb mk 2 , and want to use it witg apple mainstage , i have got it working by using a midi in/out/ usb cable and setting up a midi channel in mainstage and i can use all the instruments pads etc within mainstage ,but i cant figure out how to use the string splits in this way , i know how to do it using the internal sounds but i want to .com it with mainstage , also i am aware that the axon software editor no longer works , any help with this would .net apreciated , thanks , Robin

Hey!

Have you found a solution that works for you.
A couple of years back I created a whole environment including logic midi environments, IAC driver and Main Stage.
I also used Behringer FCB to control synth parameters etc...
If you're still in need of a solution, let me know.