Fishman TriplePlay FC-1 Floor Controller (User Experience)

Started by vablows, January 25, 2015, 10:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vablows

Sara,

Any updates on FC-1?
I still very much need MIDI in, and/or would love the ability to change the functions of the switches and expression pedal.
Thanks!

FishmanSQA

Quote from: vablows on November 06, 2016, 10:51:25 AM
Sara,

Any updates on FC-1?
I still very much need MIDI in, and/or would love the ability to change the functions of the switches and expression pedal.
Thanks!

Hello-

Our developers are working on quite a few things at the moment. Can you describe exactly what functionality you are hoping to see, ie how you intend to use it or any details or your set up?
I'm aware you probably have posted this information before, but I'm having a hard time finding it. I will forward the request along...

Thanks!
Sara

vablows

No problem, Sara!

Here is what I believe most users would need as a bare minimum:

Ability to accept incoming MIDI and pass back through MIDI out
Ability to assign individual footswitch & expression pedal assignments on a per rig basis

For my own personal taste it would be amazing to have:

The ability to reverse the polarity of the expression pedal
The option to mount the actual Triple Play upside down on the guitar, or reverse

Thank you for listening!

FishmanSQA

Quote from: vablows on November 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM
No problem, Sara!

Here is what I believe most users would need as a bare minimum:

Ability to accept incoming MIDI and pass back through MIDI out
Ability to assign individual footswitch & expression pedal assignments on a per rig basis

For my own personal taste it would be amazing to have:

The ability to reverse the polarity of the expression pedal
The option to mount the actual Triple Play upside down on the guitar, or reverse

Thank you for listening!

No problem at all..I've passed this information along and will keep you posted!

Best,
Sara

colan

Hello-  I'm a new FTP owner and interested in the FC1-   but I don't want to be buying it if there is something new imminent.   Are there any updates due ?

colan

OK-  Fishman assure me that there are no hardware updates so I've bought the FC1.   
This thread will be extremely useful -  so thank you.

colan

I'm getting a 404 on this update advice though.  Can somebody direct me to the correct update page, please 

QuoteHello everyone-

Please note that Tripleplay Release v1.3.5195 is compatible with Windows 7. As stated before, there are a couple of Win 7 related bugs that we are currently working on. We apologize for any confusion or frustration!

The download is available here:

http://www.fishman.com/support/tripleplay/tripleplaysoftwareupdates.php

Best,
Sara

colan

I had a feeling this wasn't going to go well.

The FTP beta 1.4 doesn't work correctly on my Windows 7 machine.  Unfortunately I've already attempted to install the required firmware and now my previous FTP version, 1.2, can't see the guitar controller ( pick-up )   
Does any body know how to restore the pick-up to its previous state ?

Elantric

QuoteThe FTP beta 1.4 doesn't work correctly on my Windows 7 machine.

Need more OS details - are you using Win7 32 bit or 64bit?

FWIW - I have the biggest problems using Win7 32 bit Home OS, while Win 7 64 Pro / Ultra always works much smoother and runs more programs  - including the 32 bit ones

FishmanSQA

Quote from: colan on February 09, 2017, 02:04:21 PM
I had a feeling this wasn't going to go well.

The FTP beta 1.4 doesn't work correctly on my Windows 7 machine.  Unfortunately I've already attempted to install the required firmware and now my previous FTP version, 1.2, can't see the guitar controller ( pick-up )   

Hey Colan-

Can you give me some more details so I can help you troubleshoot?

- What is the make/model/year of your pc?
- What exactly is (or isn't it) doing when you say it isn't working correctly?
- When you say you attempted to install the required firmware, do you mean through version 1.4? Did the FW update complete?
- What version FW is it currently?
- When you go back to v1.2- if TP says "Controller not found", often times you just need to unplug/replug receiver, power cycle the controller, or possibly re-pair. (Please note there has been extensive connectivity work done from v1.2-1.4. This problem occurs far less.)

You will need to troubleshoot as stated above. Once TP recognizes the controller, Hold down the control key, and go to Options>About Tripleplay.
- From here click "Force Firmware update".

We recommend using Tripleplay v1.4 for optimal performance. Please provide us with more details and we can hopefully get you up and running!

Thanks!

Best,
Sara

colan

Quote from: Elantric on February 09, 2017, 02:15:13 PM
Need more OS details - are you using Win7 32 bit or 64bit?

FWIW - I have the biggest problems using Win7 32 bit Home OS, while Win 7 64 Pro / Ultra always works much smoother and runs more programs  - including the 32 bit ones

Hello Elantric
This machine is running Windows 7 Pro-    32/64 bit.
My original installation of FTP 1.2 worked sweet as a nut in both-  highly enjoyable tracking and low latency.
Beta version 1.4 has the following glitch(s)-   when opening the synth screens they overlap the FTP parameters making them unusable.
Tracking/latency is also poor.

I've been in touch with Fishman and I'm told that mine is not the first instance of this behaviour-  and I'm asked to provide full details of my kit along with screen grabs.   Unfortunately, Windows Snipping Tool decides not to function just when I need it to-  so my inclination was to simply make do with using my laptop onstage with FTP 1.2 and sending the FC-1 back to the retailer.  The snag with that is that FTP 1.2 now can't see the controller ( pick-up ) as it's had half of a failed firmware update and is now only visible through the beta 1.4.  ( both 32/64 bit in both instances )
So I'd really like to be able to restore the pick-up to factory settings and get it working with FTP 1.2 again-     Unless Fishman can quickly address and cure these malfunctions that's what I intend.  I just don't know how to do that.

colan

Hello Sara
Thanks for the reply.   I'm up to my ears with rehearsals this weekend but I'll do my best to provide full details on Monday
Regards
Colan

For the time being;

QuoteWhat is the make/model/year of your pc?
- What exactly is (or isn't it) doing when you say it isn't working correctly?
- When you say you attempted to install the required firmware, do you mean through version 1.4? Did the FW update complete?

It's a custom laptop, 4 years old. CLEVO P170OEM  Intel i7 Quad Core/ 16Gb DDR3 RAM/Hybrid HD/SSD 750Gb/Intel HD Graphics 4000  Direct X 11
Opening the synth screens partially blocks the FTP parameters-  making them unuseable. Also, tracking is very poor and latency is high.
No, after transferring patches message was ' Firmware update failed ' 

colan

Hello Sara-  can we make a start on getting this working correctly, please ?

Without addressing the firmware update just yet-  unless it's critical to these problems- I have the 1.4 version loaded and the 32bit option is functioning OK in terms of audio but the synth screens partially obscure the FTP parameters. 
It's the same with the 64bit 1.4 version but with the additional problem of a 2 second burst of hiss about every 10 seconds on some of the factory patches.

FishmanSQA

Quote from: colan on February 13, 2017, 07:59:09 AM
Hello Sara-  can we make a start on getting this working correctly, please ?

Without addressing the firmware update just yet-  unless it's critical to these problems- I have the 1.4 version loaded and the 32bit option is functioning OK in terms of audio but the synth screens partially obscure the FTP parameters. 
It's the same with the 64bit 1.4 version but with the additional problem of a 2 second burst of hiss about every 10 seconds on some of the factory patches.

Hi Colan-

We are just getting back after a few snow days, so I apologize for the late response. I've recreated this problem on my computer, and believe it has to do with the scaling of your display. Go to Display>Change Display Settings and reduce the size to around 100%. We are going to work on a better fix for this, but this is a workaround for the time being.  Please let me know if you have any additional problems.

Best,
Sara

colan

Hello Sara-   I hope you enjoyed the snow break.   It's peaceful here when we get snowed in.

I have four scaling options;

Maintain Display Scaling
Maintain Aspect Ratio
Scale Full Screen
Centre Image.

The problem remains no matter which I select.

colan

Sara-  my window of opportunity for returning the FC-1  foot controller to the retailer is diminishing.
I am happy to use the FTP 1.2 version without it if you tell me that the issues with version 1.4 and Windows 7 cannot be addressed relatively quickly. 
I am getting no response from Fishman directly so I'm assuming that these problems have no easy solution.

Did you note the problem outlined above in relation to the hissing with the 64bit version ?   

Regards
Colan.

FishmanSQA

Quote from: colan on February 16, 2017, 12:17:32 AM
Sara-  my window of opportunity for returning the FC-1  foot controller to the retailer is diminishing.
I am happy to use the FTP 1.2 version without it if you tell me that the issues with version 1.4 and Windows 7 cannot be addressed relatively quickly. 
I am getting no response from Fishman directly so I'm assuming that these problems have no easy solution.

Did you note the problem outlined above in relation to the hissing with the 64bit version ?   

Regards
Colan.

Hi Colan-

No, I am not able to recreate any sort of hissing. Without doing a remote session with your specific setup it's hard to say what exactly is going on here. I just double checked with our support department and it looks like there is an open email thread with you. They are going to email you again directly to help you get this resolved. We want to get you up and running!

Best,
Sara

colan

Hello Sara-  yes, I've just received another email contact.  I hope that this one results in solutions.

Sure, I can open up for a remote session if necessary.  We'd have to agree a mutually convenient time-slot as I'm currently in the UK.   Let's see how Derek manages with the emails first ?
Regards
Colan

FishmanSQA

Quote from: colan on February 14, 2017, 03:25:56 PM
Hello Sara-   I hope you enjoyed the snow break.   It's peaceful here when we get snowed in.

I have four scaling options;

Maintain Display Scaling
Maintain Aspect Ratio
Scale Full Screen
Centre Image.

The problem remains no matter which I select.

One more question regarding this. Did you restart your computer after rescaling? I've found it is necessary to do so in order for the changes to take place.

Best,
Sara

colan

Hello Sara-
Thank you for sticking with me.    I owe you an apology as well as thanks.
I was trying to address thge scaling issue through my NVidia software-   when, as you know, it's a Windows customization issue.
So-- having reduced the Windows scaling to 100% from 125 %  the synth screens no longer overlap the FTP parameters -  and I can use the version 1.4 software.
Derek at Fishman informs me that the scaling issue will be addressed in the forthcoming FTP software upgrade-  so I won't be needed thick lenses in my spectacles.

I'll now see if I can address the hissing issue myself and get back to you.  Thanks again-  I'l keep the FC-1.

colan

Hello again, Sara-

I found this hard to believe-   but the hissing issue is deliberately introduced by SampleTank because my Fishman-provided SampleTank 3 software is not authorized. 
I think that's really shabby-  and a tuirn-off for potential SampleTank clients.
Anyway-  if anybody else raises the issue you'll know what it is.

How is SampleTank 3 authorized anyway ?    No authorization codes are given on my Fishman download page . 

FishmanSQA

Quote from: colan on February 16, 2017, 12:41:39 PM
Hello again, Sara-

I found this hard to believe-   but the hissing issue is deliberately introduced by SampleTank because my Fishman-provided SampleTank 3 software is not authorized. 
I think that's really shabby-  and a tuirn-off for potential SampleTank clients.
Anyway-  if anybody else raises the issue you'll know what it is.

How is SampleTank 3 authorized anyway ?    No authorization codes are given on my Fishman download page .

Go to IKMultimedia.com, login and go to Support>User Area>My Products> and look for Sampletank Custom Shop. Click the icon below that for the authorization code. Run the authorization manager after this to enter the code, and rescan for plugins.

Best,
Sara

colan

Thank Sara-   but I can do without SampleTank and I've uninstalled it.   

OK-  now I can concentrate upon optimizing the FC-1. 

Regards
Colan.

colan

Well-   my ' Force Firmware Update ' repeatedly fails.   Halts at 49%-  halts at 5%-   then gives Error Code 4500000

My details via FishTP;

Date/Time: 20 Feb 2017 2:50pm
Computer name: XXXXXXXX
Computer speed: 2285MHz
Computer cpu vendor: GenuineIntel
Computer num cpus: 8
Computer os: Windows 7
Computer memory: 16281MB
TriplePlay app version: 1.4.50
App number of bits: 32
Patch caches: 4
Controller version: 2.31