GK Mag Hex PU Types

Started by Elantric, January 23, 2008, 07:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Elantric

Measurement study comparing popular mag hex pickups

And Must Download this doc with pics comparing many Mag Hex Pickups by Roland, Yamaha, Fishman Tripleplay
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=41

mojo thorne

Has anyone had first hand experience with the AIX-101?  I am considering putting a hex p/u on my acoustic guitar, and was going to purchase a used GK-3, but the seller also has one of these for less.  I can't seem to find a lot of information online regarding the differences in performance / use between the AIX-101 and the GK-2A, which leads me to believe that there are not many, if any.  I assume that the 13 pin cables that Axon used were identical to the Roland cables and that my existing 13 pin cables would all work fine with it.

Can anyone who has used this pickup confirm whether or not they noticed any distinct advantages or disadvantages using this pickup with a Roland device?  I would be using it with a GR-55, and maybe occasionally with a WP-20G.

Elantric

The AIX-101  is identical to Yamaha G1D and you set your gear to the "GK-2A" setting - All works very well.

The AIX-101  /G1D remains my favorite PU because its Lower height, fits more guitars compared to Roland offerings and Roland "cloned" the  AIX-101  /G1D control layout for its GK-3.  I have two Yamaha G1D's which I obtained back in 2001

mojo thorne

Great!  I appreciate the info - I'm going to move on it right now. 

I guess I'll need to consider changing the type of strings that I'm going to use on my acoustic.  Something tells me that the Elixir polyweb strings are not going to work well with a mag pickup. :'(

stevelukather

Quote from: Elantric on September 03, 2013, 08:50:41 AM
The AIX-101  is identical to Yamaha G1D and you set your gear to the "GK-2A" setting - All works very well.

The AIX-101  /G1D remains my favorite PU because its Lower height, fits more guitars compared to Roland offerings and Roland "cloned" the  AIX-101  /G1D control layout for its GK-3.  I have two Yamaha G1D's which I obtained back in 2001

Hi Elantric, can you share your settings about gr-55 and G1D ? (for best tracking).

Thanks.

PD: Sorry , my english is very basic.

Elantric

Read all GR55 docs in our Download area, find links in GR55 Top things to know thread.
I suppose my playing technique is better than some here as I set the GK PU type to GK2A when using my G1D.