Finally Made the switch to FTP!

Started by vablows, March 22, 2016, 11:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vablows

After thinking and studying EVERYTHING on here about the FTP, I finally made the leap last week.

I got the FTP & FC-1, and oh my, it is better than I hoped for!
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13447.0

The functionality of the FC-1 vs the GR-55 that I have been using for 3 years now is wonderful.

I haven't fully integrated it all yet, as I have to program my GR-55 song sounds in to my Yamaha Motif Rack XS and that will take a while but I am loving the upgrade in flexibility and tone.

I am using the FC-1 to control my Kemper, and the PC changes are lightning fast compared to the dreaded GR-55 as we all know.
I am going to get an expression pedal and call it a day!

The only thing I am missing from the GR-55 is the ability to use the crossfader on the volume pedal in reverse like I did, where the synth pcm tones would be on heel down and the Kemper would go to 0 volume.
I will figure out how to do something similiar with this, and I have a MIDI Events Processor Plus on had if I need to reverse the CC for the FTP volume.

Overall, so far,m I am very very pleased!

shawnb

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

zjanosy

The FC-1 does support crossfading between splits. You shall set the "Channel" parameter of the Expression Pedal to "Crossfade 1/3". This will send a controller message to Split 1, and the reverse value to Split 3. In order to use this feature you need to create fully overlapping Splits for Split 1 and 3, and set the Patch to Mono mode.

Zoltan