GR-55 - is it possible to set GR-55 as VST in my pc?

Started by jjjjasek, November 07, 2012, 04:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjjasek

im new user, i`m trying to find some information if it`s possible to set gr55 to record midi and be able to set it as vst in cubase for example?

what is the best way to record gr55? is it thru usb or midi cable ??

Please help i`m beginner:)

gumtown

You can use either, the midi ports have better noise isolation, and the USB also carries audio.
6 of one or half a dozen of the other.

You can use as many VST midi plugins or external midi synths as you like.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gumtown

One thing the GR-55 won't do is be used as a midi sound module, it's internal synth will only respond to GK guitar signals.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Mrchevy

A 3rd option is to go 1/4" L/R outs to your interface. I've had good success with this.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

daveanthony

Quote from: gumtown on November 07, 2012, 04:27:16 PM
You can use either, the midi ports have better noise isolation, and the USB also carries audio.
6 of one or half a dozen of the other.

You can use as many VST midi plugins or external midi synths as you like.

Gumtown, I know this is an old post but when you say the USB also carries audio are you saying I can use the sounds from the GR-55 directly via USB in my DAW, ie, without using 1/4 inch outs to my interface?  I thought you had to have some kind of third party software to make them available.

Elantric

QuoteGumtown, I know this is an old post but when you say the USB also carries audio are you saying I can use the sounds from the GR-55 directly via USB in my DAW, ie, without using 1/4 inch outs to my interface?

Correct!

Also Gumtown is saying that for some users, the GR-55 is the only Audio Interface they use to record tracks with their laptop running a DAW application, like Sonar or Reaper.

They can enable "Guitar to MIDI" on the GR-55, and the GR-55 can transmit both "MIDI Note on/off messages over USB" along with bi directional Real time Audio as a USB audio interface using low latency Core Audio (OSX) or ASIO Audio (Win7)  into your DAW of choice, and trigger AU/VSTi Soft Synths using only one USB cable to a USB 2.0 port on the computer.

Read the GR-55 Owners manual

But in regards to this threads topic " Is it possible to set GR-55 as VST in my pc? " - the answer is "No"  -  While some hardware synths do have a VSTi Control app (Yamaha, Nord, Novation)  - there is no existing associated VSTi Control app for the GR-55.