Post Audio clips of your VGuitar recordings here

Started by admin, February 15, 2011, 09:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Post Audio clips  of your VGuitar recordings here in this new area of the Forum!

Toby Krebs

Here are a couple of short demo recordings done a few years ago with VG8-EX/GR/33/55 and various other guitar processors I can't remember . It shows some of  the GR/VG acoustic and electric piano/strings and 12 string acoustic and Dobro(VG8-EX) type sounds that you can get when using these units. I did record some of the electric guitar stuff with the GR55. I know the L4 archtop on "Affirmation " is GR55. Hope you enjoy these .

Toby Krebs

My first recording of guitar synth right after I bought my GR-1 and GK pickup. The tune is called "Daves Dream". I was watching a Discovery channel documentary about the Bikini Islands flora and fauna returning after being vaporized by some of our nuclear test weapons in the fifties. It was exactly 50 years later that Discovery Channel filmed the area and everything had returned to it's original state. The ship that launched the bombs was called "Daves Dream". I especially liked the basses in the old GR-1.All the tracks are played by me.The first version had a GR-1 sax that was cool and if I can find it I will post it as well but this version has the "head" to the tune being played on electric guitar. Probably a Johnson J-Station but I don't remember what I used.

Toby Krebs

Okay after some searching I found some live tunes with my own trio done with only the GR55 into a  Tascam DR-07. The Electric Piano sounds are what sold me on the GR55. I still use them a lot. On bass is Lawrence Bohanon and on drums Mike Zolo.

Toby Krebs

A couple of tunes using the GR55 live from last nights July 5th performance with saxaphone master Bobby Logan on his 75th birthday. On drums is Jeffrey Logan-Percussion Bobby Logan jr. and on bass is Lawrence Bohanon. It was recorded outside using a little Tascam DR-07 digital unit. Fun gig!

Toby Krebs

A couple more tunes from saxaphone master Bobby Logans 75th birthday bash! I had to back up a lot of good versatile musicians at this gig and the GR55 was really great to have on hand. We had no keyboard players at the event just me!

whippinpost91850

Toby Krebs

Brak(E)man

Comb Jelly

Peeter Uuskyla Drums
Anders Berg Bas
Mike Lloyd Trumpet
Gunnar Backman Fretted and Fretless Virtual Guitars & Live Loops

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Toby Krebs

Beautiful. I am a man who deeply appreciates a piece of music like that. Marvelous free jazz expression. Modal Marvelousness!

More Please!

Brak(E)man

https://soundcloud.com/baptet

Baptet

Peeter Uuskyla - drums
Anders Berg - bass
Gunnar Backman - fretted and fretless virtual guitar and live loops
Mike Lloyd - trumpet

- Lydia Lunch

Chop

Everything except the Flute and Drums was done using the Roland VG8EX and GR33.                                                     

Toby Krebs

Beautiful and very fresh take on a classic tune with some cool tonal choices. Nicely Done!

dnedwek

I submitted this to Godin Guitars' Play This Ad contest.
I've included a library of the patches I used.

Thanks to the folks on this forum who helped me make the most of my GR-55.

Elantric

mtn2top

Thomasyoung

H Guys,

This is my first recording with my Roland GR55, I use it with the GK-3 Pickup in a Ibanez EX 170 Made in Korea from 1995 :)

The setup was very simple, I connect GR55 into my Presonus audiobox 22VSL interface, them open the Backing track in Reaper and then I play it

First solo, guitar with synthesizer, then the Legato preset with some changes and the last solo I use one preset from Santana with some changes as well.

Hope you enjoy.
Cheers
Nuno Tomé from Portugal

jerrycali

Posted on sound cloud under jerry cali  gr55  - acoustic sounds using a godin sa and gr55

MarkFromHawaii

A hack cover of Toto's Georgy Porgy. Getting a little deeper into the Reaper DAW and Roland GR-55 guitar synth. Used compression and exciter on the entire mix and added some EQ, compression and reverb on the vox. A few vital stats:

Piano: GR-55 "Double Low Piano"
Strings: GR-55 string ensemble - I forgot the actual setting.
Drums: MT Power Drum Kit 2 software
Bass: Cheap Jackson bass through Boss ME-70 set for clean tone with some EQ
Rhythm guitar: Floyd Rose Strat with a bit of chorus through the GR-55
Lead guitar: PRS Custom 24 through the ME-70 in the lead stack model with a bit of boost and delay

A few glitchy playing spots on the GR-55 "piano" but I auto punched some really rough spots. Generally pleased with the results. Wish my voice was better.  ::)
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

batman

Here's a standard rock song.  The guitars are synthesised (and alt-tuned), apart from the solo at the end. The song is pretty long and over the 5 MB attachment limit so I had to resample it to 96 kbps.  Here's a dropbox link to a 160 kbps version if you'd like something better quality: https://www.dropbox.com/s/augi390e9bxj9i5/My%20Mind.mp3?dl=0

Shameless plug :)
https://www.facebook.com/RooftopFiction

chrish

This is an original song  called "Waves of Peace". I played this on a 8 string Ibanez guitar with a Gk-2 pickup. The guitar GK-2 signal goes to a GR-50 and then to several midi synth modules (and maybe a VG-8 synth patch, don't remember) and into the Boss Sy-300 via mixer sends.

My guitar mag pickup signal also goes into an ADA tube pre-amp with a Tube Works spring reverb  and then into the mixer and then sent to the sy-300.

Both the guitar and the midi synth modules are triggering the sy-300, however, no straight guitar was recorded.

I'm struggling with the mastering process, so any comments concerning that would be appreciated..

Brak(E)man

Quote from: chrish on May 02, 2016, 08:17:26 PM
This is an original song  called "Waves of Peace". I played this on a 8 string Ibanez guitar with a Gk-2 pickup. The guitar GK-2 signal goes to a GR-50 and then to several midi synth modules (and maybe a VG-8 synth patch, don't remember) and into the Boss Sy-300 via mixer sends.

My guitar mag pickup signal also goes into an ADA tube pre-amp with a Tube Works spring reverb  and then into the mixer and then sent to the sy-300.

Both the guitar and the midi synth modules are triggering the sy-300, however, no straight guitar was recorded.

I'm struggling with the mastering process, so any comments concerning that would be appreciated..

It's a beautiful song man
Love the ambience
If I can help with mastering
advice , let me know what
You're struggling with

- Lydia Lunch

chrish

Quote from: Brak(E)man on May 03, 2016, 12:34:08 AM
It's a beautiful song man
Love the ambience
If I can help with mastering
advice , let me know what
You're struggling with
Thanks, that means a lot to me to hear that.

The problem I'm having with the mastering process (besides my lack of experience) has to do with applying EQ and having a fresh set of ears to make that judgement.

I've been doing a massive amount of reading on this and I agree with keeping the dynamic range intact and not mealy compressing to get the thing louder for the sake of just being louder.

With my project, I recorded straight into the Boss RC-300 looper (although I didn't loop anything) so  it was hard to keep an eye on the levels with just a red light. As a result, I wound up with a few very high peaks (some clipped in the other track) and I got lots of lower volume stuff.

I never thought that all the playing around and experimenting with new sy-300 sound patches and hitting the thing with other midi synth modules would result in anything usable, so I was not being to careful with the process.

Those RC-300 16 bit wave files somehow became 32 bit floating point wav files when I transferred them to the DAW for editing. Did I pick up some digital artifacts in the process? I don't know know, but it's obvious that stepping it down to mp3 quality results in some hiss.

Of course, all this continued learning happened because I was looking for that old VG-8 forum one day last fall and found you all here at vguitar.

Brak(E)man

As a rule don't go up in bit when transferring ,
If you want to send the wav file and I'll master it for you
I don't have access to anything but studio headphones
Since I'm in the middle of mowing
But I can give it a spin
Did I get. You right that som of the tracks in the mix went over 0
Digital clipping ?

- Lydia Lunch

Brak(E)man

And you're right never compressing or limiting or anything else for that matter just for the hell of it. Only do it to the point where it makes the mix better, that said, today mastering are more than 50% of the final sound

- Lydia Lunch