VGuitarForums Patch Exchange Terms and Conditions

Started by Elantric, February 23, 2013, 11:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

VGuitarForums Patch Exchange Terms and conditions:
By uploading a patch, you grant VGuitarforums the right to offer this patch to all members of the VGuitarforums community. You also grant others the right to use your uploaded patches without restrictions. Others can pass your patches on but cannot sell them in any way. Unless clearly stated as a patch variation, you must be the original author of the patch , in other words, please do not upload other people's work. Even though we do not limit the amount of patches you can upload, please be considerate and only share strong and quality creations. We reserve the right to reject a patch and modify it in order to increase its usability for other users.

admin

Ebay seller "empyreanfx " downloaded these from VGuitarforums for free , burned them to a CD and now resells them - violating our terms 

http://www.ebay.com/usr/empyreanfx?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7972.0

VGuitarForums Patch Exchange Terms and conditions:
By uploading a patch, you grant VGuitarforums the right to offer this patch to all members of the VGuitarforums community. You also grant others the right to use your uploaded patches without restrictions. Others can pass your patches on but cannot sell them in any way. Unless clearly stated as a patch variation, you must be the original author of the patch , in other words, please do not upload other people's work. Even though we do not limit the amount of patches you can upload, please be considerate and only share strong and quality creations. We reserve the right to reject a patch and modify it in order to increase its usability for other users.

Of course - if you are the original creator of the patches - I have no issue with you selling your patch creations online.

chrish

Any idea who the vguitarforum member is? I'd be curious to know if the violator was an active member, who gained our trust, and then betrayed the terms of use..or did the member join, rip and run.

When i was checking out another synth music forum site rules, that site does not allow members to post in the buy and sell section until 100 posts. They want members to participate in the community in order to  build trust.

They frown upon members who rush to get those 100 posts simply to sell stuff there.

I joined that site also, but sadly i can't log on with my flip phone.

Elantric

Ethics and decency remain rare commodities

But if you randomly google " VG-99 patches" - you typically land here at VGuitarforums

( I suppose some folks remain clueless on how to search the internet.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=35.0

aliensporebomb

It's not surprising.  My guess is they set up an account long enough to grab that and download it and then resell it.  They're probably not getting all the new ones since they probably have moved on.  Crummy behavior.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

gumtown

this is on their eBay page

Item location:

Evansville, Indiana, United States
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

chrish

Quote from: gumtown on March 29, 2017, 04:34:38 PM
this is on their eBay page

Item location:

Evansville, Indiana, United States

there is also an ebay seller in Espana, Spain who is selling 1,578 gr-55 patches and 1,478 vg-99 patches. Name bia-5007

chrish

Just saw gp-10 and sy300 patches for sale on ebay.

There are only 290 sy patches but that Indiana guy is also offering for sale all the boss tone studio patches and  re-leveled factory patches (hey, didn't a vguitar forum member re-level all those patches?).

I'm guessing another rip off the old forum. My only hope is that guy really needs the money to buy food or pay medical bills.

Elantric

QuoteI'm guessing another rip off the old forum.

Confirmed - Ebay seller "empyreanfx" is simply reselling patches we offer for free here

best we can do to "slow him down" is raise awareness of this fact among his potential customers.

If you are genuinely interested in knowing your gear , there are no shortcuts, instead Join  VGuitarforums  and participate in the discussions and let us help you increase your knowledge to create your own patches by learning from direct interaction with our members (many are members of the R&D teams who created our tools) who collectively have been there  / done that, and know what works and what doesn't  - based on direct experience. 

chrish

Quote from: Elantric on April 07, 2017, 10:47:20 PM
Confirmed - Ebay seller "empyreanfx" is simply reselling patches we offer for free here

best we can do to "slow him down" is raise awareness of this fact among his potential customers.

If you are genuinely interested in knowing your gear , there are no shortcuts, instead Join  VGuitarforums  and participate in the discussions and let us help you increase your knowledge to create your own patches by learning from direct interaction with our members (many are members of the R&D teams who created our tools) who collectively have been there  / done that, and know what works and what doesn't  - based on direct experience.

Has ebay been contacted concerning this issue?

If they have and are not willing to remove the stolen patches from the site, for me, it would be grounds not to do business with ebay until such time that  ebay removes those patches for sale from their site.

I can't speak for other forum members, but 20,000 forum members is alot of potential business to lose.

I'll be sending ebay a link to this thread.

Elantric

Has ebay been contacted concerning this issue?

There is a hurdle for VGuitarforum directly dealing with this -

Legally, All COPYWRITE ownership rights for each patch remain property of the original patch creator