A small looper with full MIDI implementation

Started by multivir, August 23, 2013, 04:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

multivir

Hi,

I own a Boomerang III, which would be perfect - if every function could be triggered via MIDI (right now it can only be synced via MIDI).
What are my options? I noticed that the Line6 M9 has that feature, the Infinity will have it sometime in the future (according to Pigtronix support).
The reason why I want this is so that I can have a compact setup with a Gordius LG2 foot controller as the core of my pedalboard and put the looper in my back line together with my Kemper and whatever device I'll be using with my TriplePlay. (Haven't figured out if I'll use my MacBook or if an iPad is enough)

Software solutions for the mentioned devices would also work for me, as long as they're stable and sound good and can be controlled via MIDI. I even have a "Missing Link" that I could use to communicate with the iPad.

What can you guys recommend? The Boss RC-300 is simply too big...

Thanks,

M.

multivir

Oh, one more thing. The iPad is currently just considered for the MIDI part of the rig. I don't have a good interface for it to run the Kemper stereo signal through it.

aliensporebomb

Regarding the RC300 - it's not as bad as it seems in terms of its physical size.  I initially thought it was too large as well but after having it a while it's smaller than my FC-300 and the only area you might run into problems is if you have an issue with needing lots of space on a small stage. 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

rolandvg99

Almost bought the RC-300, but cars are expensive to maintain. Ended up messing about with Möbius looper and some spare foot switches I found. This gives me 8 buttons and a volume added to my FC-300. Dug out my 10 year old BCR2000 for some extra functions. Runs on a MacBook pro '07 using a Motu 828 MKIII.

If you're after a lightweight unit you might have a look at the Boss RC-505 which can use 8 external assigns and program change. However it does not have the sub out feature of the RC-300.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

Brak(E)man

one software I can recommend since I beta tested it
is the logelloop

http://www.logelloop.com/?lang=en
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch