Hello from SoCal

Started by sec6, January 12, 2016, 11:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sec6

After 85 posts, I am finally introducing myself.  I started playing guitar 36 years ago (I am 46).  At a young age I envisioned myself being a music teacher.  I dropped out of high school at 16 and after passing an equivalency exam I entered Fullerton College in California as a music major.  After receiving my associates in music, I felt that I didn't have the talent for a career in music and against advice of my teachers, I switched my major to psychology.  I received a B.A. Psychology with a minor in Music from Cal. State Fullerton.  I later received an M.A from Humboldt State in Experimental Psychology.  I then joined the Peace Corps after 9/11 with a post in Romania.  I am currently an unemployed licensed Psychiatric Technician and briefly worked at the prison hospital in Stockton (where the Wall of Sound Phil Spector currently resides).  The recession hit me hard and it has been difficult ever since to earn a living. 

Music has kept me going.  I want to thank all the good people here at vguitarforums. You give the internet a good name--you are doing a great service to all those that look to music to provide meaning and purpose.

Sincerely and with gratitude,

Steve Clark  (yes, I do share the name of the late guitarist of Def Leppard and at one time had a Phil Collen MIJ Destroyer)

CodeSmart

Hi Steve and thanks for sharing.
Yes, you are right, Music helps us through when the going gets tough.
I'm sure everybody here appreciate your 86 posts and I really wish new opportunities will get in your path soon.
Take care
Robert
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!