A blast from the past, back again in earnest...(Aure from VG-8.com)

Started by aure, November 01, 2015, 08:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aure

Hi Everyone,

I'm Aure Prochazka and many of you will remember me, but I've been out of "the game" for a while so I thought I'd re-introduce myself.

• Started VG-8.com for the beloved VG-8, and later supported the VG-88
  • Enlisted members of the community to create 3 V-Guitarist compilation discs distributed on mp3.com
  • Along with VG-8.com's mailing list members, we basically wrote the spec/wish list for the VG-99 as confirmed by the Roland Japan engineers
  • Organized the VG-99 group buy at a good discount
  • Friend of some of the greats... Steve Conrad and Thomas Nordegg
  • The guy who owns the VG-8EX upgrade hardware that anyone can borrow as long as they cover my shipping
  • Owner of the VG-8, VG-88, GR-30, GR-33, GI-10, GI-20, VG-99, GR-55, VL3X, Antares ATG-1, and Variax (still using the last 5)
  • I've got a ton of hex guitars, quite a few of them modded by the greats above

So, what brings me back?  I miss you guys!  But yeah, basically, finally getting back into guitar after starting a family, and really enjoying the ATG-1.
I'm also doing audio programming: http://audiokit.io/ and want to build some apps for guitar next year.  I will be at NAMM this January and would love to meet with as many V-Guitarists as I can while I am there. 

Now_And_Then

Oh, I remember VG-8.com!  That was a very useful site and that's were I first learned about all this GK stuff in any detail.  And I was very disappointed when it went offline. Seems like forever ago. And kinda was...

That you are back is a very nice surprise!

: )

aure

Thanks now_and_then... by the way I guess another reason I am here is that I'm thinking of adding the SY-300 to my rig, I think it would go quite well with the ATG-1!

Paresh

paresh

shawnb

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Kenmac

Hi Aure and welcome back. I used to visit VG8.com on a regular basis and I contributed three patch collections for the VG-8 there, Acoustune, JoAndHex and MixedBag. Although I still use my VG-99 and GR-55 from time to time I find that these days I'm spending more time with JamOrigins MIDIGuitar 2. If you haven't checked it out you really should. The tracking is amazing. Looking forward to your contributions.  :)
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."

Elantric

whippinpost91850

aure

@Elantric: I have my NAMM badge, so I will definitely see you there.   Unless you want me to pick you up on my down from SF. I can be your taxi. :)

Elantric

mchad

Welcome back Aure.

I bought the V-guitarist CD back in the day. Some great tracks on there.

aure

Quote from: Kenmac on November 02, 2015, 08:02:53 AM
Hi Aure and welcome back. I used to visit VG8.com on a regular basis and I contributed three patch collections for the VG-8 there, Acoustune, JoAndHex and MixedBag. Although I still use my VG-99 and GR-55 from time to time I find that these days I'm spending more time with JamOrigins MIDIGuitar 2. If you haven't checked it out you really should. The tracking is amazing. Looking forward to your contributions.  :)

Holy crap MIDIGuitar2 is so great! Thanks. Loved your patches back in the day!

Elantric

Kenmac

Quote from: aure on November 02, 2015, 03:19:47 PM
Holy crap MIDIGuitar2 is so great! Thanks. Loved your patches back in the day!

You're welcome and thanks Aure. It's truly amazing how far computing and software has come.
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."

Headless68

Great to see you back - I too was a regular visitor on the VG8 site & had one of the first batch of VG99's in the UK :-)

Phil C.
Aka Headless

ffata

Quote from: aure on November 01, 2015, 08:35:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm Aure Prochazka and many of you will remember me, but I've been out of "the game" for a while so I thought I'd re-introduce myself.

• Started VG-8.com for the beloved VG-8, and later supported the VG-88
  • Enlisted members of the community to create 3 V-Guitarist compilation discs distributed on mp3.com
  • Along with VG-8.com's mailing list members, we basically wrote the spec/wish list for the VG-99 as confirmed by the Roland Japan engineers
  • Organized the VG-99 group buy at a good discount
  • Friend of some of the greats... Steve Conrad and Thomas Nordegg
  • The guy who owns the VG-8EX upgrade hardware that anyone can borrow as long as they cover my shipping
  • Owner of the VG-8, VG-88, GR-30, GR-33, GI-10, GI-20, VG-99, GR-55, VL3X, Antares ATG-1, and Variax (still using the last 5)
  • I've got a ton of hex guitars, quite a few of them modded by the greats above

So, what brings me back?  I miss you guys!  But yeah, basically, finally getting back into guitar after starting a family, and really enjoying the ATG-1.
I'm also doing audio programming: http://audiokit.io/ and want to build some apps for guitar next year.  I will be at NAMM this January and would love to meet with as many V-Guitarists as I can while I am there.

Welcome back, Aure!
And if I may add to the bullet points:
The one time US distributor of Sound Garage hex pickups.

Plus I nicked Aure's roller bridge idea from seeing a pic of a LP install of his, the one with the piano fret board. ;D
(for some reason during the install I felt the need to cover up the names on the pickups, both the Sound Garage and Sustainiac) ::)

FWIW I'm using Flickr to host the image because I've been having some login issues with Snapagogo.
I forgot my password and the reset link doesn't work, so I can't access my account.

aure

That setup does look eerily familiar!  If you ever want to sell that guitar, contact me first!

aliensporebomb

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

gvidelock

Hey Aure,

Fellow RPI grad! We connected back on the VG8 forum and talked a bit about Prof. John Tichy (your advisor if I remember correctly).

Funny thing, my daughter just graduated from RPI (class of '15) and she had him too!!! He's still there.

Good to see you're still around too.

...Gary
-------------------------

Godin Spectrum SA
Godin Freeway SA
Fender Telecaster with Ghost and Hexpander
Fender Stratocaster with internal GK3 with Synth-Linx
Warmoth custom with internal GK3
Boss SY-1000
Roland GR-55
Roland GP-10
Katana 100W Head

aure

John Tichy, just to bring it back to VGuitar a bit, was the guitarist for Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen, and was a real-life airman in terms of being my aeronautics advisor at RPI.  He's the best!  We didn't stay in touch but one day I happen to be sitting next to George Frayne (Commander Cody) at a restaurant and struck up a conversation about John.  In any event, I'm certainly glad he's still around and teaching.  I'm actually psyched that your daughter went to RPI, the ratio there was so bad, and in general, more diversity in engineering is important. 

Thanks for posting a reply Gary!