A BIG OVERDUE thanks to ELANTRIC

Started by BobbyD, April 17, 2015, 04:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobbyD

Hello Friends...my intuition tells me I speak for the majority of people who wants Electric to know how much he is appreciated. I remember my very first post,  and the first person to respond  was a from a guy named "Elantric".  Not only did the response arrive rather quickly, but it was detailed.  I first thought it was a robot auto responder based on keywords, but quickly realized he took his time to answer my questions.  I also know there are other great moderators and senior members who have helped many, probably me, and I thank all of you as well. I just think there is something a bit "special" about Electric because whenever I read a post, whether it's from a person who is a newbie  or a seasoned vet, Elantric always seems to take the time to chime in.  In one of my first posts he recommended an interface to me, 4 months later when I had the cash to purchase my home studio gear from an online retailer,  I forgot about his recommendation, bought the lower model interface, and wound up returning the interface I purchased to get interface Electric originally recommend. 

So I have a theory about Electric.  He wrote me in a PM or on a post  that he works full time doing something very cool related to music. So if that's the case and only because he writes so many posts trying to help so many people out, I now believe he must be cloned. That's cool with me.

All kidding aside, I put this forum in my top three forums, quite possible number one, and it's all due to the members of the forum, especially the members who contribute by giving advice, and of course, the senior moderators who tend to be a bit more versed and keep the "glue" of the forum together.    In my opinion, what makes a forum great is the "vibe" of  the members. Especially active members.   I thank you for your time, energy and help and I hopefully speak for everyone.   As important as the members, especially active members,  are forum moderators who tend to be a little more well versed and knowledgeable than majority of members.  Moderators like Elantric who use their valuable time helping thousands of members get their questions correctly answered is not a task to be taken lightly.  There are many people who work 40 hrs a week at a job they hate,  some have families, and yet they save enough of their hard earned money to buy this very cool and expensive gear on order to keep their sanity. So making sure they get it right first time around and buy what they need and learn how the gear is so very important to people.

That's it folks.  If anyone else wants to post a quick than you to Elantric, or anyone else, I think that would be a nice gesture.

Peace

BobbyD

PS......I received my used Godin Montreal Hollow body with FTP.   A Fishman tech named Frank (super cool guy) dialed into my computer last week, set me up and made sure I was up and running. I couldn't thank him enough. 

Elantric

BobbyD,

thanks for the feedback and praise of our forum - tell your friends!

Mrchevy

Kind, and I'm sure, appreciated words. But I still don't think your getting his Bud Light;D  +1 on the great moderators and members of this forum.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

thebrushwithin

It is by far, the best forum, and Elantric is a huge reason why!

Vade

Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

Pete1959

+1

Many thanks and I couldn't agree more!

Majiken

+1, with a deep Japanese-style bow of appreciation!
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

slooky

+1 from me too. This is such a great forum! :)

jwhitcomb3

gvidelock

+1

My favorite forum, moderators, and adventurers.
-------------------------

Godin Spectrum SA
Godin Freeway SA
Fender Telecaster with Ghost and Hexpander
Fender Stratocaster with internal GK3 with Synth-Linx
Warmoth custom with internal GK3
Boss SY-1000
Roland GR-55
Roland GP-10
Katana 100W Head

Paresh

I'd keep following this forum even if I sold my VG equipment!
paresh

Elantric

Thanks!
QuoteI'd keep following this forum even if I sold my VG equipment!

While I suspect the VG-99 owners here have yet to explore all its sonic capabilities, most of us here do keep on top with the latest tools  - glad you continue to find our forum an important resource!   

( and glad I didn't name this place "www.VG-99-Forums.com  when we created it back in 2008"

Story of how VGuitarforums came to exist:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7912.msg50135#msg50135

I'm proud of our community of sonic explorers  and shared knowledge!

mchad

A big thank-you from Australia. To Elantric and all moderators. Vguitar is a wonderful place. Guitar tech marches on and vguitar is part of the engine. I sincerely hope that it has some influence in manufacturer land.

romero

A big thanks from An American in Vietnam. Playing live here without my GR 55 would really suck, and this forum greatly helps anyone interested in using this and many other old and new technologies to their fullest potential. Cheers!

gumbo

+1, Steve..

The place just wouldn't be the same without you!   :-*

Many, many thanks..
Peter

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

batman

+1 and another thanks from Australia.
Elantric I don't know how you find the time :)
Also thanks to everyone else who helps run this forum plus (most of!) the users who are generally more polite than most other corners of the internet :)

MusicOverGear

Deacon Blue

;D I totally agree. I always read what Elantric comments about and have a  much better understanding of my equipment due to his observations and hard work. Thanks again. This is great forum, one of the best!
"When your project isn't working, look for the part that you didn't think was important"
www.Bandmix.com/katylyst

whippinpost91850

Yes, I fear without Elantric, this forum would not be nearly as informative and inclusive.  Thanks Steve for all you do... Paul

drbill

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on April 19, 2015, 02:39:39 PM
Yes, I fear without Elantric, this forum would not be nearly as informative and inclusive.  Thanks Steve for all you do... Paul

...or not nearly existing at all, for that matter!

Thanks, Steve!
GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

CodeSmart

Life is not endless. It's fantastic that that you are willing to spend so much of your precious time with us and in such a outstanding way. Speechless. Thanks Steve. I wish I could influence the Nobel prize commity ;)
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

gumtown

I agree with everyone, thanks Steve  ;)
A truly unique place in the Universe..
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

mbenigni

Yes, all above goes without saying.  But no harm in saying it.  :)  Thanks, Steve!

Tek

Definitely my top forum!

Had it not been for VGuitar forum, I would have probably sold my GR-55 not long after I got it. Initially, I was overwhelmed, but thanks to Steve and all the great moderators (and everyone who contributes!), I was able to wade through my initial trepidation and gain a knowledge and understanding that allowed me to be fairly competent on the GR-55. (And I still learn stuff everyday from reading the forum.)

So a big +1 from me!

Headless68

He's not a bad old stick really that Steve bloke :-) 
I do seem to spend most of my internet time either in this forum or in links from it :-)

Respect & Thanks

Phil

Headless