VG-99 - BAmp Acoustic

Started by sixeight, September 24, 2008, 11:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixeight

Never completely satisfied with the acoustic guitar on the VG-99. This one sounds OK on headphones, but still a bit thinny on my monitor speakers. Used a bass amp without speaker to fatten up the sound. Also panned the strings a bit, by turning down the volume of some strings on either one of the channels. Enjoy!

sixeight

I made a second version. Through I use a GK2A, I have set the GK PU Type to PIEZO (I haven't got the latest firmware - maybe I should get it and see if I can improve even more...) Sensitivity is around 50. The guitar is tuned down two steps. This way it sounds less thinny. Pressing CTRL-1 brings the guitar to normal tuning, pressing CTRL-2 changes the model and eq. Hope you like it.

martin

Hi sixeight,

I love your patch. It sounds great on my system. Thank you very much. Did you notice that you switched off the amp speakers?

Best regards,
Martin

sixeight

Hi Martin,

I did notice that. I thought it sounded better without a speaker. It's all virtual in the end, so who cares.

zebulo

Thanks sixeight, i really love you patch, it's the best acoustic guitar i've ever had, i am a real disaster when it comes to create new sounds and i usually count on this forum to get new sounds for my vg-99.

I've made a little lullaby with your patch, this is the link if you want to hear it:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7238566&q=hi

Thanks again!!

sixeight

That sounds really nice. What kind of guitar/pickup do you use? Your recording sounds less rubbery than mine...

feloniouspunk

Lots of Gear. :)

zebulo

Quote from: sixeight on January 16, 2009, 12:16:40 PM
That sounds really nice. What kind of guitar/pickup do you use? Your recording sounds less rubbery than mine...

My guitar is a Godin LGX SA, through the vg-99 to Ableton Live and Ozone 3.

That patch is really good!

sixeight

Well, that proves once more, there is nothing that sound more like a piezo than a piezo. The VG-99 tries to add something to the GK2/3 pickups that should sound acoustic, but it is rubbery when compared to the real thing. Magnetic simulations sound more realistic on the GK2/3 compared to a guitar with a piezo, as you have to filter out the higher harmonics of the piezo.

zebulo

Quote from: sixeight on January 18, 2009, 05:31:33 AM
Well, that proves once more, there is nothing that sound more like a piezo than a piezo. The VG-99 tries to add something to the GK2/3 pickups that should sound acoustic, but it is rubbery when compared to the real thing. Magnetic simulations sound more realistic on the GK2/3 compared to a guitar with a piezo, as you have to filter out the higher harmonics of the piezo.

I'm not an expert but i totally agree with you, i think my guitar through the vg-99 is very good for any acoustic sound but not that good for the classic magnetic sounds, anyway things can improve by putting a small piece of rubber below the strings between the bridge and the holes on the guitar body where the strings go through. That way there should be less higher harmonics.

ignitor

Hey!

Thanks! Good patch!

I got my Vg99 two weeks ago. Something I 've noticed... like with this patch...
When the patch is in the temp memory the sound is fine but when I save it suddenly the low E and A string has noise when played.
Had to use EQ to cut it out.

Any ideas why this is happening? My VG has the latest firmware.

Great that there is such an active forum for this "Final Solution" for all guitar processors :)