GR-55 - Pedal board set-ups with the GR-55?

Started by Mikefxd35, September 16, 2011, 10:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fenderGR55

Quote from: Amosmoses on September 05, 2013, 11:29:07 PM
My setup.
Hello, I am new to the forum , you tell me how to connect the pedals to the GR55 . maybe with some photos . I thank you in advance

Breno

My Set
Fender stratocaster with GK3
Ibanez AS 200 with GK3
VG 99
GR 55
US 20
FC 300
Table 5 channels
PDS 10
Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS200, VG-99, GR-55, FC-300 e US-20.

dimarzio

My setup :
PRS Custom 24 30th Anniversary
Roland GR 55
Boss GP 10
Roland US 20
RFX Midibuddy 128

Not shown:
Rocktron Prophesy
Digitech 2101 Artist
Korg DTR 2000 tuner
GK 400RG
Schecter Damien w/ GK 3 and DiMarzio
Custom made guitar w/ DiMarzio
Paul Reed Smith w/ GK 3 and  Seymour Duncan
Rocktron Prophesy
Digitech 2101 Artist
Roland GR55
Boss GP10
Roland US20
GK 400 RG amp
Midi Buddy 128
Korg DTR 2000 tuner

Jetplane

Now I need help with routing everything....GR55 L/R Outs to PA, GR55 Guitar Out to HarmonyG-xt Guitar In, Mic to Harmony G-xt In, Harmony G-xt Mic Outs to PA, Harmony GT Guitar Thru to Weeping Demon Wah In, Weeping Demon Wah Out to ElectroHarmonix Volume In, ElectroHarmonix Volume Out to Amp.....and of course Amp control switches to Amp Control Ins on Amp.....sound about right?
Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

Elantric

HecticArt

Don't go near that thing if you have a pacemaker.....

jwhitcomb3

gumtown

OMG !!!

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

( . )( . )

imerkat

I've been rockin' The Gr-55 + Amplifire for a while. then i got an H9, I had no good fuzz so i got the Kingmaker and things got complicated real fast;

sixeight

Nice setup, Imerkat. I am GASsing after an Amplifire as well, but I am usually on the fence until I find an offer I cannot refuse.

Hotmamaandme

Ill bump this thread. Anyone using the GR55 as a stand alone now that you have been using it for a few years? I am debating on using a 2 cord method for guitar sound and the pin cable for synth sounds and or just use the guitar out into wah and other pedals. Ive been struggling to use my GR55 as a stand alone in church as a one stop shop, but some of the stuff just dosnt sound right. Probably operator error.
"For His Glory" Psalm 33 & 150

Elantric

Standalone GR-55 works for some ,not me

If I bring the GR-55, it's for synth use only while my normal guitar rig handles most guitar tones

whippinpost91850

Quote from: Elantric on December 28, 2016, 12:31:40 PM
Standalone GR-55 works for some ,not me

If I bring the GR-55, it's for synth use only while my normal guitar rig handles most guitar tones

Same here I use it for mostly synth, 1 double drop D song, and 2 acoustic songs

OldGuitarDude

Stand alone here, no complaints and no amp. Godin LGXT into Gr55, modeled Strat, LP, "lipstick," Rick 12, 335, nylon, acoustic steel, alt-tunings, several modeled guitar/amp combos, flute, steel drums, and several different organ models for occasional backfill. Minimal effects when necessary. GR55 headphone out into FOH with an aux mix back to a powered floor monitor. Set List Maker for quick patch changes mostly between songs but sometimes during. Solo, duo, trio up to 6pc bands. All kinds of environments from flat-bed trailers to small rooms to auditoriums. Material varies between pop, classic/southern rock, 50s~90s classics, old standards, big-band, trop-rock, rat pack, swing, country.

Many, many thanks to Elantric and everyone on the forum for all the patches and the unbelievable amount of knowledge that is shared here. Some of the patches I've tweaked a bit and some are used as-is, but most of them came from this forum. You guys rock.

DaveWagner

Here's the rig in action.  First song is HD500X only (00:04:53).  Full rig starts around 00:10:43

Prototype stage (see IMG_8706 - a little outdated).  Just added a second EB VP JR to the mix.  Used this rig this past Sunday at (3) Easter church gatherings.

Allows for ultimate flexibility and mixing of various tones.  Individual volume control for normal guitar via HD500X on-board expression pedal, for PCM synth tones via external VPJR, and for modeled guitar tone via external VPJR.

Running 13-pin into GR-55.  Running magnetic PUPs via 1/4 inch to HD500X guitar in (does not route through GR-55, as guitar out produces too much signal degradation).

GR-55
1) 664 Soft PWM Pad on PCM 1
2) 363 Slow Strings on PCM 2
3) EXP Pedal assigned to PCM 2 Tone Volume (PCM 1 always on)
4) Both PCMs panned left
5) Left output to VPJR (volume/mix control), then to HD500X FX Loop Return (left/mono)
6) COSM Modeled Telecaster through JC-120 Amp (pretty clean)
7) Modeled Tele thru amp to Mod, panned right
8) Right output to VPJR (volume/mix control), then to HD500X Aux input
HD500X
1) Dual path (see Picture1)
2) Normal guitar input hits noise gate, screamer, AC30 (see Picture2) and volume pedal (volume/mix control)
3) Normal guitar and aux (modeled Tele) inputs join and run through two digital delays (dotted 8th and 8th) and two reverbs (hall and cavern)
4) PCM tones enter the signal chain via the FX loop return at the very end
5) One signal via XLR out (left/mono) to FOH - both paths mixed center (see Picture3)
6) External EXP Pedal assigned to EXP2 and set to control amp gain (see Picture4)

Gave the prototype two-tier board a couple coats of black paint Friday night / Saturday morning.  Toying with a sliding shelf concept for the GR-55 & (2) VPJRs that would retract under the top shelf that hold the HD500X & external EXP pedal - that would halve the footprint to allow for easier transport / construction of custom road case.

Will post more pics as updates as made.

whippinpost91850

Sounds good Dave. I Live in Holly, I'll have to try and come out some Sunday and catch you..  Paul

Texaspecial

Gr55 to PA and magpups to a vox ac50 jmi and 2x fender hotrod deluxe, american special strat with gk3

j.d.roost

Older thread but I am on a my 1st legs with the 55.
Grabbed one at a price I could not refuse and it came with all the fixings (brand new gk3). 
I have been using a gp-10 until now and will echo what some others have said.
Tracking on the gp10 seems better and the modeled guitars (I am mainly using it for acoustic and capo function) sound nicer.
The modeled full rock rig stuff on the gr55 is unusable (just sounds bad) to me where I feel if I had to use just the gp10 at I gig...I could build amp/efx/cab rigs that I feel could use.

I need to decide if the pluses outweigh some of the obvious minuses this week (size is a factor for me) so this is a temp.board setup I am trying.
I am in two cover bands and have instantly taken advantage of keys and horns on the gr55 (songs="Timebomb","Wrong Way" and "You May be Right").
Running a two cable setup (one to Hx and 13 pin to 55) and dropping a rtn block in and out on separate Hx patches for blend/full/capo.
Cybery is just being used as a midi switch for now..but I have also set up up as a loop to avoid using space in the Stomp.

I have thoughts about getting a Sy-1000 to replace everything..but giving up the horns and keys after hearing what the55 has may not be an option for me.

chrisnickey64

i have a question concerning using ext pedals with the gr55 . i have a normal solo pedal board that consistes of a TC Helicon harmony singer , a compressor sustainer , a Bass9 and Key9 pedal , a  zoom a1 four X acoustic mfx pedal and finally a boss looper pedal ....my question is concerning the vocal harmony pedal it uses 2 xlr mic cables from mic to pedal and from pedal to P.A. and 1\4 " cables thru  to the other pedals can i run it out of the outs jack or from guitar out ? would i need two amps? im confused how to incorporate this pedal into the gr55 . i run my looper thru the mono out and on into my amp could i also run the harmony pedal out thru there? thanks

gumtown

Use the GR-55 "GUITAR OUT" for dry guitar signal to the TC Helicon Harmony, then THRU to the other pedals in line.
In the GR-55 set the Guitar Out to system and normal pickup.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/