Fishman Tripleplay Bug List

Started by Elantric, May 25, 2013, 06:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Fishman Tripleplay Bug List.

The Fishman Tripleplay remains an evolving product with staged release of features that will be added over time. Therefore it's easy for users to stumble into operating modes in standalone hardware mode that at this hour remain a work in progress with behavior that appears to have issues.
If you experience odd FTP behavior post your FTP bug below so we may collect a list. Many of these are well known, so before you go mad, review the list below.

Post your FTP bugs here and always refer to the official Fishman Tripleplay Release Notes available here FIRST!
http://www.fishman.com/tripleplay/help

Elantric

Shawnb wrote>

What to do if your 'Hardware Mode' stops working the way you want it to:
Create and save a simple user patch with a 'Hardware Synth' preset, and with MONO mode selected.  You can also set your dynamics, sensitivities, pitch bend settings, etc., as desired.
Save it in your FIRST user preset slot.  It's VERY important that it's your FIRST user preset.
Select that first preset and press the "load controller" button.
With current firmware, the FIRST user preset can be loaded onto the TriplePlay controller and becomes your default behavior in "hardware mode".    (Powering up the controller with the "up" dpad key pressed & with no FTP app/vst instance running on the device connected to the receiver.) 

This is current as of 5/2013, and I'm pretty sure that with the upcoming enhancements to the app & firmware, this will all behave a bit different (the main reason this isn't doc'd yet). 

But, for now, if your HW mode ceases to behave the way you want it, you have probably accidentally overwritten it, & you can restore the behavior following the steps above.

Quote from: Elantric on May 20, 2013, 03:50:18 PM
Observe that at this hour - The information about FTP D pad button's "Enter and Exit" key definitions are only available here.

A couple of thoughts...   

Since HW mode is not yet doc'd, and in the middle of being rewritten, I would NOT mess around while in HW mode anymore.   Once you're in HW mode, while you're in there, LEAVE THE DPAD BUTTONS ALONE.   

I've learned that some of the HW mode selections cause program changes & other MIDI commands to be xmitted, that your synths may honor.  So, unless you want some random changes to your synths, avoid messing with these undoc'd features for now. 

If your simple "HW mode" (power up with dpad UP key pressed) ceases functioning the way you want, please see this thread, which will help you to get HW mode back to where you want it to be:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8427.msg62096#msg62096

Elantric

Shawnb wrote>

Fishman has acknowledged a bug, that makes Kontakt appear to hang when run within the FTP VST within SONAR (and likely other DAWs):

It's easy to make Kontakt appear to hang, by loading voices, changing your mind & loading other voices.  The "Replace Multi (pressing "No" will merge in the new instruments)?" prompt gets stuck behind the Kontakt window.  Since the Kontakt window has no minimize button, it's impossible to get to the prompt to continue loading the voice.  You may not even realize it's there; how would you?  It appears to hang.  So you go into Task Manager & kill Kontakt.   THAT's when things go very wrong, actually, is when you use TM to kill Kontakt.  Once you do that, your DAW and possibly even your audio interface hang hard.  I need to reboot to recover.

This only fails when loading Kontakt 5 into the FTP VST within your DAW.  No problem when loading Kontakt 5 as an instrument in a track, and no problem loading Kontakt within the FTP app (outside of your DAW).

To work around this:  If you experience this, do not kill Kontakt within Task Manager.   Instead, go into Task Manager, right click on Kontakt and choose MINIMIZE.  You may need to do the same thing to the Fishman TriplePlay app as well.   Once you've done this you can respond to the "Replace Multi" prompt.

In hindsight, these Kontakt "hangs" may be the reason I had a lot of issues when I first used FTP within SONAR. 

(I also posted this in the VST thread, a bit of duplication here...  But this is an important VST usage issue.)

Elantric

QuoteElantric, are you sure is necessary to set the hardware "Audio input" type in the FTP GUI Control Panel before the  FTP GUI can reliably see the FTP Receiver? what do you mean?

This is specifically stated the FTP Release Notes , and I have validated this on both my Tripleplay systems (Mac OSX 10.7.5, and Win7 64 Pro) -
Also if you omit any of these steps below you will not get any sound
http://www.fishman.com/software/tripleplay/download/tripleplay_releasenotes_2412.pdf
Quote[
Issue #197] FTP Controller not found when no audio device is selected.
Workaround:
Select an audio output device from the preferences nmenu. The TriplePlay software will not be able to detect its hardware without a working audio output.

Upon first installation, on both my Mac or Win7 systems the following error occurs

1) Launch FTP GUI Control Panel

2) Error message occurs "Receiver not found"

3) Open the FTP GUI Preferences, set the Audio Device Settings, Must set your Desired Input and Output. On Windows, you must use an Audio Interface with an ASIO Driver, or ASIO4ALL to use your Mobo/Laptop internal Sound.

4) Exit the  FTP GUI Control Panel

5)  Relaunch FTP GUI Control Panel, and now you should get a successful connection with the FTP USB Receiver

If you do not perform these steps, and omit setting the Input Audio Device, you will never get a FTP GUI Connection to the FTP Receiver.

From  FTP User Guide PDF Doc Page 10

--
Audio Hardware Settings
Configure TriplePlay to work with whatever method you're using to get sound in and out of your computer. (The most common configuration options are covered in Typical TriplePlay Setups.)
To reveal these settings, click Options near the upper-left corner of the main window, and then Preferences. The Preferences window appears (figure 3).
If you don't intend to use traditional guitar, select your preferred built-in audio drivers for input and output.
If you're simply plugging in to the computer's built-in audio input using an adapter plug, choose Built-In Output and Built-In Input. If you've downloaded a third party ASIO driver, you may also use that as your option for audio output.
If you're using a dedicated audio interface, make sure it's connected. Its name should appear as an option in the output and input fields. If the device has more than two channels of input and/or output, you can select which channels to use.
If your audio interface has multiple outputs, all available options
appear here (figure 4).
You can leave everything else at its default setting for now.
Press the Test button. If your interface is properly configured, you should hear a test tone through your speakers or headphones. Next, try playing a few notes on your guitar (if you're using traditional guitar in addition to MIDI). The meter beneath the Test button should illuminate as you play. (If the signal seems too weak or too loud, adjust the levels via the controls on your interface, and make sure your guitar's volume controls are all the way up!)
Note that this meter only measures the signal from your traditional pickups, not the synth and sampler sounds you create within TriplePlay. (If you're not clear on this distinction, please read MIDI vs. traditional guitar.)

Elantric

www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=5188.1125

Quote from: germanicus on May 06, 2013, 01:45:30 PM
Anyone having issues with Synths 2-4 not triggering?
I can load synths into slots 2,3, and 4, but none of them receive any midi information. They sound when I manually trigger them with a mouse, but it seems the midi notes only trigger the synth loaded into Synth 1.

Many of you seem to have a problem with that. While slot 1 is purple color, 2,3,4 are green, blue and yellow respectively. They will sound only if you play the neck in the region that is appropriately colored. If you have a default split setup -- the whole neck purple -- then of course you hear only sound 1. Click "Show Splits" and edit the regions by dragging them with the mouse.
Also  Do you have the patch in MONO mode? It is not possible to make splits in POLY mode.
Andras Szalay[/i]

Elantric

http://www.fishman.com/software/tripleplay/download/tripleplay_releasenotes_2412.pdf

TriplePlay Release Notes
Last Update: 2013-05-16(jk)

Release: Win 1.0.2412 / Mac 1.0.2402 / Controler 1.90 / Receiver  1.74

Definitions

Standalone - This refers to the TriplePlay application running by itself and not as a plug-in.
DAW - Digital Audio Workstation (software).

General Release Notes (All Platforms)

[#234] After installing the Native Instruments "Komplete Elements" you must update the Reaktor synth to the latest version.
Komplete Elements ships with Reaktor 5.6. To work properly with TriplePlay factorypatches it must be upgraded to Reaktor 5.8 .
Workaround:
1.Upon installing NI Komplete Elements, user will be prompted to update Reaktor to the latest version (5.8 )
2.Accept the update when prompted

[#324] Master Fader gets out of sync with Controller's Volume Pot.
The Master Fader on the TriplePlay mixer is controlled by the Controller Knob (together they control the Volume output by TriplePlay). The controller's volume knob is a fixed range knob (not infinite rotation) and is not motorized.
Given those two characteristics, there are conditions in which the controller's knob will not be in sync with the Master Fader on Tripleplay's Mixer.

Example #1: Master Fader is set to "0" on All Patches, but there's six dB of available travelabove it. So if the Controller knob is set to "10" and you load a new Patch, your Controllerknob will still be at "10" on its dial, but the Patch loads at "0" on the Master Fader (whichcorresponds to about "8" on the
Controller knob).

Example #2: If you have the controller set to "3" on its dial and load a new Patch it will,again, be loaded at "0" on the Master Fader.­­­­­­

Example #3: In order to recapture the Master Fader when it's not in sync with theController Knob, you must run the controller knob through its range until it matches wherethe Master Fader is. 
At the point you match the two, they will reconnect and stay connected until you load a new Patch or operate the Master Fader with the mouse (atwhich point they will be out of sync again).

[#405] In Studio One, if TriplePlay plugin crashes it may become blacklisted.
Workaround:
1.Close Studio One
2.Remove the TriplePlay.vst and TriplePlayFX.vst from the VST system folder
3.Launch Studio One. Let it scan and see that TP is no longer an available VSTplugin. The Studio One scan makes no mention of not being able to load TP, as itdid before.
4.Close Studio One
5.Put TriplePlay.vst and TriplePlayFX.vst back into the VST system folder
6.Launch Studio One again. TP VST now shows up in Studio One's instrument list and can be loaded onto a track.

[#562] Using the Controller's Dpad to do program changes only works from the User list in the Patches window.
You cannot use the DPad to scroll through Patches in Factory or in a Song.

[#633] When more than one instance of TriplePlay plugIn Selecting the 'User Here'button in a TP VST instance displays "Receiver not found" but appears to work.

[#657] Playing the guitar while changing splits can cause unexpected results.Splits will look "jumpy"and keep snapping back a forth between stored fret setting and where the User has the drag handle at any given point, and may not drop onto the desired new fret.
Workaround:
Don't hit the strings while dragging the splits.
[#668] The plugin instance 'TriplePlay In Use' alert appears even after quitting standalone.
Workaround:
1.Quit the DAW after quitting the standalone.
2.Restart the DAW.
3.Successfully open the TP plugin's UI

[#690] SampleTank cannot find instruments folder if the startup disk name exceeds 27characters.
Workaround:
Name your hard drive something that's 27 characters or less.

[#712] Tuner may freeze when battery life is extremely low.
Workaround:
Plug in the USB cable to recharge.

Release Notes (OSX Specific)

[#666] [OSX 10.6.8 only] Triple Play installer on Snow Leopard does notautomatically quit the running TriplePlay application.
Workaround:
All instances of TriplePlay must be closed before upgrading to a new version of theTriplePlay software. This includes plugins that may be active inside of running DAWs.

[#490] Attempting to cancel 'scanning for sounds' can put get the app stuck in aloop.If the user selects 'Scan for Sounds' and then hits the enter key to cancel any even numberof times, they will appear to be entering a loop between scanning/canceling, especially ifthey do this repeatedly. If they hit the enter key any odd number of times  as few as 3, asmany as 19+ for instance, they will achieve the desired result of canceling the scanning forsounds process.
Workaround:
When trying to cancel a scan press the enter/cancel key once.

[#495] Deleting the first instrument in a Kontakt multi causes the preset label in thepatch readout to change to "unknown."
Workaround:
Delete every instrument in the multi and then (re)load an instrument to update the label inthe patch readout.

Release Notes (Windows Specific)
[#197] Controller not found when no audio device is selected.
Workaround:
Select an audio output device from the preferences menu. The TriplePlay software will notbe able to detect its hardware without a working audio output.

[#293] Communication with TriplePlay is lost when PC is awakened from sleep.
Workaround(s):
1.Disable sleep on your machine (recommended for live performance)
2.Close the Tripleplay standalone, remove and reinsert the TriplePlay receiver. Relaunchthe standalone application.

[#303] Fatal error when instaling NI Komplete Sounds from extracted location.
Native Instruments recommends installing from a mounted ISO image or CD.
Workaround(s):
1.Mount the ISO image using an ISO mounter such as WinCDEmu Portable and install from the virtual drive.
http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwincdemu.sysprogs.org%2Fportable%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNE8ilTYlz_oWw2E1agXmmIo6G0wNQ
2.Burn NI Komplete Elements to a CD and install from the CD.

[#612] User must have admin privileges to install and run TriplePlay on Windows. The current version of SampleTankXT requires the user run as administrator to operate properly.
  A portion of our library uses the SampleTank software to operate and must be running as administrator to do so.

[#667] Windows audio is seized by TriplePlay application with ASIO driver.
Due to the nature of the ASIO driver no other audio is possible from other applications while it is in operation.

Release Notes ( Factory Patches)
[#485] Reaktor Player doesn't save names of user created presets.
Workaround:­None

[#439] Blues Organ patch has latency on each string the first time notes are struck.
After launching TriplePlay and opening the Blues Organ patch, there will be a slight delay the first time each string is struck. After one note has been played on each string, the patch functions normally.
Play other patches and return to Blues Organ, and it will not experience this issue until the next time TriplePlay is quit and relaunched.
Workaround:
Give all six strings one quick strum upon opening the Blues Organ patch for the first time.

HarrySound

My issues so far are.
The fret board in the triple play software stop displaying the correct notes and only show open string position dots.

Weird tuning bug where anything I play with the triple play is wildly out of tune.

Losing connection/battery indicator on software showing black , may or may not reconnect.

keg8605

My triple play a string goes in and out. Contacted support about it. I restarted my computer, system reinitialize on the fishman and a hardware reset. None of it worked. Not sure what's going on. Gonna have to send it in I guess.

Edit- it's the cable. When I wiggle it it goes in and out. Faulty, hopefully they get back to me with and rma soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregjon

My Triple Play when playing into an Ipad Air or Ipad Pro using SampleTank, sometime stops making any sound.
I can see the keys move on the iPad but there is silence.
After I restart the iPad it works again.
Kind of scary for gigging like this though.

Greg
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat with GK3 pickup.
Godin Freeway SA
Godin Multiac Nylon SA
Fishman Triple Play
GR-55
GR-20
SUGS Selector
RFX Midi Foot Control Pedal
Ipad Air, Apps: Bias, Jam Up Pro, Flying Haggis, Tone Stack, Audiobus, Garage Band,

Elantric

Before use , go into iPad settings and disable Auto Lock mode

Vaultnaemsae

I was testing an IK Multimedia Blueboard yesterday with the FTP app. Setting up CC66 as suggested in the Fishman documentation to do 'Sustain' has a curious effect. When you activate or deactivate the CC66 message it causes a temporary (short) disconnect with the receiver. It then reconnects. I tried this both over the USB ports on my Macbook and also the Thunderbolt port with a USB adaptor. Both gave the same result.
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

admin

Quote from: Vaultnaemsae on December 04, 2017, 05:06:55 PM
I was testing an IK Multimedia Blueboard yesterday with the FTP app. Setting up CC66 as suggested in the Fishman documentation to do 'Sustain' has a curious effect. When you activate or deactivate the CC66 message it causes a temporary (short) disconnect with the receiver. It then reconnects. I tried this both over the USB ports on my Macbook and also the Thunderbolt port with a USB adaptor. Both gave the same result.

I suspect you have identified a "bug" when combining  Wireless Tripleplay  + Wireless IK BlueBoard Bluetooth MIDI devices on one computer .