DIY gk pin 7 break out or break in - 2 PCBs available!

Started by KeldAmpworks, June 24, 2015, 07:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeldAmpworks

Just moved this - I posted in the wrong place I think.

Hi Guys,

I don't post here much. What I'm showing may be already around, I've certainly seen someone drilling holes in a GR55 to achieve the same end.

I made a PCB with two functions:
Break out the pin7 of a normal GK cable at the synth end to try and avoid the noise I've experienced from the GR55's guitar out jack.

Break 'in' to the GR55 with a normal guitar signal to allow non GK guitars to talk GR55 (think you can do this natively on VG88 etc).

I ordered 3 PCBs, but mine worked first time (miracles happen!) so I have no need for the others - hopefully someone else can make use of them.

More info:
1.6mm FR4
Purple solder resist, which sounds better.
Gold Plated pads and through plating.
2 sided, through hole plated
On the break in side there are pads for an amplifier using a single SMT FET and a handful of 0805 passive components.
Board Designed to fit into a musikding.de B type box, which is their version of the Hammond 1590B
Runs from the GK 7-0-7 supply, no batteries or PSU needed.
I couldn't find the jacks that fit the board at my local supplier (farnell UK) so I've wired them floating as in the pic.

I don't want much for them, but I'd like to cover my costs in making my own. Drop me a message on here if interested, first come, first served, preferably UK peoples. :)

Happy to share the schematic, but it's pretty simple.

Rowan

Elantric

Send me a PM - I'm interested in buying a PC board  -

KeldAmpworks

One sold to Elantric. Thanks mate.

For anyone else's interest, here's a link to more information, including the schematic, on my blag/wobsite.
http://ampworks.co.uk/experiments/gr55-gk-bobbib7/

ADP

I'll take the other one if it's still available. PM me with your details.

Thanks.

KeldAmpworks

Second PCB claimed by ADP. Thank you! I didn't expect them to go this fast!

I've no plans to order any more, but if you read this and think "my life would be complete if only I had a pin7 breakout box", then drop a message below, if there are a few more people who are interested, then I'll do more next time I'm building PCBs.

Thanks again guys, happy synthing!

KeldAmpworks

Hi guys,

I've just ordered another 3 boards as someone else was interested, so I'll soon have another two available for any takers.

Thanks,

whippinpost91850

KeldAmpworks

Cool, drop me a pm or an email. They're on order, so they'll be about 2 weeks to get to me. :)

KeldAmpworks

Hi guys,

I've got one more PCB left, any takers?

Here's a quick video of one of the things you can do with it, inspired by conversations with one of the guys on this forum. Hopefully the link works!

EDIT:

whippinpost91850

Link took me to Facebook , but video not available.

dfranks

Do you still have 1 available?? I believe I would be interested. Is this just the pc board or does it contain all the parts needed to build it? What is the cost of the board, cost to build unit, etc.?  Thanks

KeldAmpworks

Hi there dfrank. The board is still available. PCB is £15 GBP +pp and I can send a link to a list of parts and where to get them. My list is UK focused, but most things are eBay able.

I did collect the bits and build one up for someone too for £45 but I don't do metalwork drilling because I don't have the tools to acheive a professional finish. :)

Send me a pm or preferably an email through my website if you'd like to discuss. :)

chrisvariax

Quote from: KeldAmpworks on June 24, 2015, 07:46:31 AM
Just moved this - I posted in the wrong place I think.

Hi Guys,

I don't post here much. What I'm showing may be already around, I've certainly seen someone drilling holes in a GR55 to achieve the same end.

I made a PCB with two functions:
Break out the pin7 of a normal GK cable at the synth end to try and avoid the noise I've experienced from the GR55's guitar out jack.

Break 'in' to the GR55 with a normal guitar signal to allow non GK guitars to talk GR55 (think you can do this natively on VG88 etc).

I ordered 3 PCBs, but mine worked first time (miracles happen!) so I have no need for the others - hopefully someone else can make use of them.

More info:
1.6mm FR4
Purple solder resist, which sounds better.
Gold Plated pads and through plating.
2 sided, through hole plated
On the break in side there are pads for an amplifier using a single SMT FET and a handful of 0805 passive components.
Board Designed to fit into a musikding.de B type box, which is their version of the Hammond 1590B
Runs from the GK 7-0-7 supply, no batteries or PSU needed.
I couldn't find the jacks that fit the board at my local supplier (farnell UK) so I've wired them floating as in the pic.

I don't want much for them, but I'd like to cover my costs in making my own. Drop me a message on here if interested, first come, first served, preferably UK peoples. :)

Happy to share the schematic, but it's pretty simple.

Rowan
Hi There,

Are these still available to purchase.
Thanks

KeldAmpworks

Quote from: chrisvariax on May 03, 2020, 11:25:10 AM
Hi There,

Are these still available to purchase.
Thanks

Yes they are I've since done a few batches. Not sure if I have any in stock right now but I can order more if you want one. If you want it assembled they're built to order. Message me through my website and I'll check PCB stock level when I'm at work tomorrow.