VG-99 not working with amp

Started by Paulshreds, May 13, 2015, 10:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulshreds

Hi all!

Quick issue - I'm trying to use my VG-99 solely for effects in combination with Peavey Vypyr, and am not getting any sound. I'm plugging my guitar into the Guitar In, and using another quarter inch to connect the amp to the L/MONO input. I've gotten this to work before, and I'm pretty sure I haven't changed anything since then. I'm also pretty certain that it isn't a patch level or volume type thing, as I've gone back and checked those. I am using a different guitar than the one with my GK-3, but that shouldn't matter I don't think. Nevertheless, it's probably a stupid mistake, so I've uploaded the patch that worked best before for this type of thing (JPL FX) along with another patch that IS getting some sound... just not sure from where (ZC 1).

Apologizing in advance if there's something obvious I'm missing. Thank you!

- Paul

ericar123

If you have a GK pickup plugged into the 13 pin as well you need to unplug it from the VG or you will get noise from the other guitar. Check your guitar and make sure virtual guitar is turned down to 0 and the regular guitar pickups are turned up. Lastly make sure your patch volume is up. When you have a GK plugged in and turn it off , it turns the patch volume to 0. That's all I can think of.

Paulshreds

Quote from: ericar123 on May 14, 2015, 05:24:23 AM
If you have a GK pickup plugged into the 13 pin as well you need to unplug it from the VG or you will get noise from the other guitar. Check your guitar and make sure virtual guitar is turned down to 0 and the regular guitar pickups are turned up. Lastly make sure your patch volume is up. When you have a GK plugged in and turn it off , it turns the patch volume to 0. That's all I can think of.

Thank you so much!! It was because the normal pickups were turned back to zero. I knew it had to be something silly. Many thanks.