GR-55 - Exp Pedal Assign

Started by adrenachrone, September 21, 2014, 06:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrenachrone

Looking for some guidance to assigning my EXP pedal: 

1- 99% of the time I will want it to regulate volume.  I think I have that set but for some reason when I change patches with pedal fully open, it won't decrease volume until i first close it fully then it works as intended.  Any thoughts on getting it to be gradual right from the get go?

2 - I have the requirement to have the EXP pedal regulate volume from 100% when fully open to 75% when fully closed.  Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

3 - Need to be able to have the EXP pedal control the volume of only one PCM.  ie: main patch plays acoustic guitar and I can bring in slow strings by opening the volume pedal... Hope this last one makes sense to most.

I'm using the GR-55 floorboard app and would love some help or perhaps even a screen shot for each config.  Feel free to PM if this is in the wrong forum.

As usual, thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

gumtown

1) press SYSTEM, check the "assign Hold" setting, I think it needs to be 'on' to carry the current EXP pedal position through to the next patch.

2) For 75~100% volume control of the guitar signal only (normal P.U. and modelling), use two assigns like this (per each patch)

Assign 1***********
[Assign1: On/Off] = On
[Assign1: Target] = NORMAL PICKUP Level
[Assign1: Min] = 75
[Assign1: Max] = 100
[Assign1: Source] = EXP PDL
[Assign1: Source Mode ] = Moment
[Assign1: Range Low] = 0
[Assign1: Range High] = 127

Assign 2***********
[Assign2: On/Off] = On
[Assign2: Target] = Modeling Tone Level
[Assign2: Min] = 75
[Assign2: Max] = 100
[Assign2: Source] = EXP PDL
[Assign2: Source Mode ] = Moment
[Assign2: Range Low] = 0
[Assign2: Range High] = 127

to copy that setting to many patches, use the "Bulk Write" tool from the Assign 1 and Assign 2 edit pages, and select the range of patches you want the EXP pedal control assigns to span.

3) if you want the strings to come in from 0~50% pedal travel (= 0~100% volume), then do this

Assign 3***********
[Assign3: On/Off] = On
[Assign3: Target] = PCM1 Tone Level
[Assign3: Min] = 0
[Assign3: Max] = 1
[Assign3: Source] = EXP PDL
[Assign3: Source Mode ] = Moment
[Assign3: Range Low] = 0
[Assign3: Range High] = 64

adjust the ACT Range Hi and LO settings to determine the EXP pedal range the control operates over.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

adrenachrone

Hey thanks Gumtown.  Just back at home and ready to try this out!  8)