HD500 & JTV89

Started by whippinpost91850, September 18, 2013, 10:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whippinpost91850

Looks like I need a HD500 to switch models on Jtv89. I also want to make sure I can switch programs and effects on my Kpa and Gr55 on different MIDI channels so I can illiminate my Fcb1010. Please someone that uses a Hd500 let me know if this can be done befor I spend more money on something I can't use. Thanks . Can't seem to find a dif initiate answer on Google and Line6 site not very useful

Elantric

These Line6 products with Variax VDI port will work to switch Variax Presets via MIDI

Vetta, VettaII Head or Combo  with VDI Board

POD XT Live

POD XT Pro

POD X3Live

POD X3Pro

POD HD-Pro

as well as

HD-500

HD-500X

Best bargain is a used XTLive.

Info on how to switch Variax Presets via MIDI  is contained in the "Advanced Guides for each of the above.

http://line6.com/support/manuals/?all=1

whippinpost91850

Yes but I need to be able send program change and stomp on/off to KPA and program change to GR55. Which ones will allow me to this. What is the cheapest way to switch JTV tones that will receive MIDI pc from FCB1010

admin

The XTLive, or a "homebrew" solution.

There used to be details on making a wireless Variax on a French Line6 site - but that post seems to be deleted now.
Google search on "variax VDI to MIDI" , then click on images reveals these, which is all i know.

Here are details on MIDI I/O and AES/EBU Out from a Variax VDI RJ-45

Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

Vettaville.nl has this info
http://www.vettaville.nl/page.php?id=92

The RackVax already has remote MIDI Control - but it is not compatible with the Tyler Variax DSP board. Since Line6 refuses to sell Variax DSP Boards to Corey (the RackVax developer) , he abandoned that project and has already moved on to other more lucrative projects.

whippinpost91850

Thanks will look into XT live.

admin

Many do use an HD-500 / HD-500X as master MIDI controller for their whole rig. Again review the Line-6 Advanced Guides for XTLive, HD-500, HD-500X which documents all these setups and MIDI configurations