GR-55 - normal guitar pups on new GC-1

Started by Hey_Joe, September 13, 2012, 01:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey_Joe

Hi guys,
I just got another GR-55 and GC-1 yesterday (sold my first GR-55 a year ago - G.A.S. came back long story)
I have read the thread Make GK-3 "Guitar" Switch position work with GR-55 first to the last post(s) and have been able to get the normal guitar to work on the GC-1 a couple of times. Tried Elantric's directions https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3402.0 and paults addition. Just don't know at this point if I've missed something about the GC-1 set up. Thought it is the same as a GK-3 set up since Roland refers to the GC-1 as having "GK-3 functionality",
"Roland GK-3 are perfectly and beautifully embedded ", "Controls are compatible with the GK-3"...so I have the GR-55 set to GK-3 not GK-2. Just wondering what I am missing or if I might have a bad switch. I can get normal guitar with the switch set to MIX and trying paults directions occasionally get the guitar only to work sometimes. I've tried so hard to search an answer before coming on to ask a question.
Well, Thanks in advance.
Hey_Joe

Brent Flash

Most of these problems are usually caused by ASSIGNS, you need to check them all to make sure they are not countering what you are trying to do.

Hey_Joe

Okay -
Thanks,
I still have a lot of (re)learning to do since I got rid of my first 55 and hung out here all the time some time ago. I know the ASSIGNS are intense. If I can't see anything specific or what I understand to be a problem to what I need to find under ASSIGNS I'll post back after more manual study and forum reading.

Elantric

http://www.rolandus.com/support/knowledge_base/?HD_ID=105241

Hearing Your Normal (Guitar) Pickup Signal
Knowledge Base ID: 105241
Product: GR-55

If you want to hear your guitar's original pickup sound in the GR-55, you need to activate the NORMAL PICKUP switch within each patch. Here's how.

1. Choose a patch to edit.

2. Press the EDIT button.

3. Press PAGE left until you select the TONE menu.

4. Press the down-cursor button to select NORMAL PICKUP.

5. Press cursor left to highlight the NORMAL PICKUP box and then turn the dial to activate it.

6. Set the GK select switch to the MIX position.

Note: If you want to hear only the guitar sound, de-select the PCM1, PCM2, and Model boxes as well.

If desired, press WRITE to save the new setting as a User patch, and then repeat the process for any patch in which you want to hear the original pickup sound.

Hey_Joe

Thanks Guys-
I did refer to reading these instructions above but wanted the GUITAR ONLY position on the GC-1 to be guitar only so I continued with paults directions in the SYSTEM PEDAL/GK CTL and turned the NORMAL PU to OFF. This essentially gives me what I wanted (I think - day 2 of learning) and to live with the NORMAL pups on in MIX position, I'll just turn the NORMAL PU VOL all the way down to give me that option when I don't want the NORMAL PU in the MIX. I think I have it sorted out. I also was confused by making changes between SYSTEM and TONE because by having the settings change each time I edited both parameters it kept working and then not working. I found if I change patches I would have the setting I set globally if I only made a change in one parameter - if that makes sense.

O/T
Hey Steve, I never knew if you you knew how grateful I was to you for whatever you did to get Line 6 to help me with my JTV-69 problems, had to send it back 5 times but finally with a new trem and neck I finally have what passes as a decent guitar build from Mark the Service Manager.  So, thanks again!