VG-99 - John Scofield, Avi Bortnick emulations/patches?

Started by mapperboy, June 30, 2013, 11:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mapperboy

Greeting from Vancouver BC-
(I didn't know which patch category to put this in so here goes on the Jazz board)
I just watched the sound check and later the performance of John Scofield's Uberjam (Deux) project band...I stage crewed for them at the Vancouver International Jazz Festival. If they come anywhere near your geography run to see them, for V Guitar freaks they are mind blowers.  I kept thinking lots of channeling of early Jeff Beck-Lee Rit-John McLaughlin-Al Di Meolo etc.
So here's my patch requests:
1) Has anyone cobbled together a good Scofield patch emulating his very fast chorus/vibrato/reverb (I think there's bit of all in there) sound he calls up on many of his classic tunes?
His performance pedal train boxes are pretty well published on his website but getting the mix is the trick (natch).
Ideally someone may have put together a number of patches emulating some of his wilder sounds.
2) Re Avi Bortnick (his 'rhythm' guy) sounds. Anyone worked out some of his sounds...especially his super tasteful and judicious use of live sampling and triggering to augment the drums (I think he uses Abelton) which he mixes with his great rhythm chops?

Mucho Cheers to all VGuitar fans,
-Mike
"No such thing as spare time.
No such thing as free time.
No such thing as down time.
All you got is life time. Go!"
- Henry Rollins

Brent Flash

Quote from: mapperboy on June 30, 2013, 11:46:30 AM

(I didn't know which patch category to put this in so here goes on the Jazz board)

The Jazz area and the other Child Boards in the patch forum are for posting patches just so you will know why I moved your post.