VG-8 ex pitch problem low E string with bass presets

Started by audiogrinder, September 15, 2016, 04:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

audiogrinder

Hey guys, I need some help here please. This is driving me batty! On a bass preset, where the pitch shift is set to Bass 6 string. The low E string is somewhat unstable and is slightly sharp. I cant figure it out. My pickup is on a tele, and the radius of the neck is a bit flat compared to the pickup curve, so the EA-BE strings are further away from the strings than the GB strings of course. The GB strings are set perfect. I cant raise them any higher. My pitch shift settings are -12 across the board, and my fine tune settings are 0 across the board. When trying to lay down a bass track, it's just funky! On the low E string. Possible solutions please!  Thanks. Justin!!

mooncaine

Something similar sometimes happened to me on a totally different VG, the VG-99. It seemed to only happen with one guitar. Sometimes, when I played a low, fretted note like the low F# or G, the note would be one semitone off.

It was tough for me to be sure, and I think it's possible I'm mistaken, but I think that the guitar had something buzzing like a rattling part in the tremelo bridge or tuners, something that only rattled loudly when I played those low notes, though oddly not a prob with open low E. Anyway, listen closely to your guitar, unplugged, in a quiet place, to check for it.

Brak(E)man

Try higher sensitivity settings for those strings that are further away, I've had that problem.
And as said , check for any rattling etc
Also it could be the string , sometimes they're off
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch