FTP Soundtank 2.5 in Studio One 2

Started by Telemeister, June 07, 2016, 04:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telemeister

I am sorry if this post has been covered already and I've tried Prosonus forums but I thought that fellow FTP users may have come across a solution. I have installed ST 2.5 and it is working fine with FTP stand alone controller but when I create tracks in Studio one and try to use a ST 2.5 track it says "plug in missing" and renders all those ST 2.5 instruments red and unusable. It also renders these instruments red and unusable in the stand alone FTP controller and the only way I have found to fix it was to uninstall and reinstall FTP. Has anyone knowledge of how to get it working in Studio One 2?

shawnb

The 2.5 version is a 32-bit app.   First guess is  you're running 64-bit apps.   Both 32 and 64 bit versions of the ftp app are installed.

On Mac, you need to specify 32 bit mode as described here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=11971.msg88944#msg88944
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Telemeister

Quote from: shawnb on June 07, 2016, 05:34:21 AM
The 2.5 version is a 32-bit app.   First guess is  you're running 64-bit apps.   Both 32 and 64 bit versions of the ftp app are installed.

On Mac, you need to specify 32 bit mode as described here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=11971.msg88944#msg88944

Sorry I should have clarified, I am running windows 10 64 bit but I have both versions installed.

shawnb

When something "reds" out like that, it is usually a compatibility issue.   Your os is 64 bit, and can run 32 or 64 bit apps.   

St2.5 is 32 bit only.   I suspect your daw is running 64 bit, so it can't run St2.5.    (Some daws run both...)

Another possibility is that your daw is configured to look in the wrong location for your VSTs.   Check your daw'S preferences & compare to actual file locations.

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Telemeister

Thanks for that. It turned out that I wasn't running Soundtank as administrator which meant Studio One wouldn't authorise it. Thanks to Frank at Fishman... great customer service!