FTP, Win 7 Pro 64 Bit and Protools 12

Started by LightWing, December 26, 2015, 04:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LightWing

Anyone using this setup yet? I only want to use the TP as a Controller for all my soft synths when recording.

Issue I'm having is the error "Receiver not found". Loaded the latest drivers and FTP software and the pairing is successful.

Also, how have you set up the Midi Controller settings in PT?

Thanks!

Patrick

shawnb

I don't use that exact configuration, but there are a few things to consider when using the FTP in your DAW. 

Some possibilities over in this thread:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=14240.msg102553#msg102553

"Receiver not found" & "receiver in use" can happen under a few circumstances:
  -  Power low - especially your first time, let it charge all night
  -  If used in a DAW - with your DAW's audio engine turned off you'll get this
  -  If used in a DAW - You have instances of the FTP VST on multiple tracks, only one will work at a time
  -  When some app is trying to talk to that 2nd FTP MIDI port.  Make sure you have no app/DAW where both FTP ports are selected.  Only select & attempt to use the first FTP port.
  -  Some USB hubs just seem to work better than others (true for any device)
  -  Some USB ports on your computer seem to work better than others - try others (true for any device)
  -  I don't think USB 3.0 works with the FTP, not in my experience
  -  TriplePlay uses 2 MIDI input ports. When only one is available, the app displays the message "Receiver in use".

Hope this helps,
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

LightWing

Hi Shawn and thanks for responding.  I think it has to do with the PowerEdge 840 originally designed to be a server.

SOOOOO....I had an OptiPlex 960 machine in a box, pulled it and installed PT 12 as well as FTP...receiver and controller pair correctly.

ProTools sees the FTP now as well...just have to figure out how to set what kind of tracks up to get it working.

I don't want to use any of the FTP Bonus software but rather use the FTP as a Controller for software synths.

Any thought from you or others would be really appreciated.

Patrick

LightWing

Elantric....that's for PT 11 on Mac...I'm using ProTools 12 on Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit.

Here is what is weird...went back to the PowerEdge 840...the FTP driver installs fine now...Device Manager sees it.

Start the FTP 64 Bit Software..."Receiver Not Found"....paired the Controller and Receiver...OK....still the same thing.

What "Preferences" settings do I use?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Patrick

Elantric

The FTP USB Receiver is USB Class Compliant - no driver required.

I would pair the FTP Controller to your FTP Receiver on any other computing device with a functional USB Host port

I use my iPhone with Apple Lightning to USB Camera adapter

Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter?fnode=3a

or Android Smartphone with USB- OTG adapter, and perform the FTP Pair Procedure

You only need to "Pair " once - then never pair again, even after power down