GR-55 - Dual guitar/amp patches....with 2 synths

Started by paults, February 09, 2011, 08:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paults

I've been making notes for patch programming ideas. I'm going to start with "meat and potatos" nornal guitar+COSM amp sounds, but the more I muse on it, the more this thing can do.

Huge guitar sounds are possible. 

With the parallel effects mode, you can route the normal guitar to the MFX amp model, and the COSM guitar to the COSM amp+MOD.

The COSM guitar can have a different tuning. and one of the guitars can be delayed 50ms or so to separate them.

If your COSM guitar is an acoustic sound, it could bypass the amp+mod, get a little reverb from the master effects, and you could use your normal guitar with BOTH amps in stereo.

Did I mention you can still use one or both PCM synths in addition to the above?  Send them directly to the master effects.

Jimmyward

When i do get mine i hope to do all my patches in a logical form. EX: 12str = toe up on expression; Crunch amp = Toe down. Organ/Sax = ctrl switch. Gain on amp with playing dynamics. Make this uniform with all patches. Toe up = clean; Toe down = dirty. Ctrl = PCM tones. That way no whatever bank or patch i'm on i don't have to think what button or pedal i need to switch with. O.K You guys (who have theirs) is this possible? 

gumtown

Yes that should be possible.
Maybe setup a template patch with the pedals settings already done.

I did find that the EXP pedal can operate with one function/parameter while the EXP pedal switch is 'off',
and once the EXP pedal switch is engaged, do some thing different with the EXP pedal.
If you don't want this to happen, then set both 'EXP pedal' and 'EXP pedal on' functions to the same thing.

This caught me out trying to assign functions to the EXP pedal.
another curious thing is the CTL pedal functions, you can set an event to happen either as the CTL is switched 'on' or when it is switching 'off'.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

MCK

Perhaps this is more suitable to discuss in your GR-55 Editor thread but it would be neat to have a way to easily create a template and apply it to all user patch areas in one shot!

gumtown

Quote from: MCK on February 12, 2011, 12:19:09 AM
Perhaps this is more suitable to discuss in your GR-55 Editor thread but it would be neat to have a way to easily create a template and apply it to all user patch areas in one shot!
Yes, it does already have that function built in.. :o either as whole patches or just only the parts of a patch you want pasted into a User range. ;)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

MCK

Amazing! Sounds great. Thanks for letting us know.