FC300 - Expression pedels not working correctly

Started by philharmonique, January 27, 2008, 11:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philharmonique

Hello, I'm french and I have a problem with fc 300 (upate made).
In patch mode, when you change patch, expression pedal value is not save as you let it in the precedent patch, you have to move it a little bit to active it.
Thanks.

chipstar

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this in their FC-300? I finally took the advice from the previous forum and loosened the expression pedals on my FC-300 so I could actually use a wah effect. I swear that I turned the allen wrench at least 75 times to get the pedal close to what I needed. It's still not a smooth as my Guitar Rig controller though. What gives? In it's original state the FC-300 simply could not be used effectively. What has your experience been?

later,
Chipstar

jon_bondy

My experience was that both pedals on the FC-300 were ready to use right out of the box.  I never even considered adjusting them.  Puzzling.

:)

Jon

Elantric

Mine is perfect right out of the box too.

But I have heard a few other complain about this.

baranger1

Mine were good from the box.

That said I have a VF-500L Boss foot pedal that after 3 months went south.
That thing is built like a TANK and I was surprised to see the internal metal screws get funky.

Bill

chipstar

Hmmm. Well I guess that I was the exception. It's odd that they were so tight. I mean absurdly tight as in even standing I could not really move them. Weird. Oh well, problem solved now. Thanks guys.

later,
Chipstar

ktat

I often use the Exp switch to turn on the effect that I have the pedal controlling, such as a whammy pedal octave type effect.  When pushing the pedal all the way down to get an octave jump I frequently turn the effect off by pressing too hard.  It is only an issue with that effect, as I have to bury the pedal mid phrase for the exact pitch.

Anyone else experienced this? 
It's more of just an annoyance that anything, and I guess I could turn the effect on and off with a different switch as a workaround.
Just looking for interesting commentary or tips. 

KT

Brent Flash

I think I had the opposite problem. I felt I had to push too hard. This is adjustable but I guess if you have it set to the hardest then there is not much more you can do. I set mine so it takes less pressure and am learning to use less pressure.

If you were not aware that this is adjustable it is an FC-300 setting.

Nobulusprime

I can't get the FC300 to control exp pedals to control the filter on the d beam or ribbon controller.
I love this effect but I'd like my hands to be free to perform other tasks.
Can anyone give a step by step guide of how to set it up?
Also the pitch and freeze functions would be useful.
Has anyone tried this? please help.
Sean ???

Brent Flash

Quote from:  Nobulusprime on April 12, 2009, 08:07:45 AM
I can't get the FC300 to control exp pedals to control the filter on the d beam or ribbon controller.
I love this effect but I'd like my hands to be free to perform other tasks.
Can anyone give a step by step guide of how to set it up?
Also the pitch and freeze functions would be useful.
Has anyone tried this? please help.
Sean ???

Welcome to the group Nobulusprime (Sean)! :)

I don't have time to write a step by step right now, but if you know how to assign controllers on the FC-300, all you have to do is pick the one that is active (Ribbon / T-Arm / CONTROL, D-BEAM / FILTER / CONTROL, etc) on EXP 1 or 2. If you can't get it to work let me know and I will get to a step by step tomorrow. Sorry!  :(

mosdev58

On my FC300 the two pedels only seem to work as volume controls.
I am trying to get a B-Bender effect, but no matter what I seem to try in control assignment in the editor it seems to make no difference.
Some of the functions switch on the on/off light but most do not.
I am tearing my hair out - any ideas anyone?

Brent Flash

Don't pull!  ;D

Exactly what do you want to do. Use the bend function in the ALTERNATE TUNING SECTION?

Brent Flash

If that is it, go to the CONTROL ASSIGN section, then to FC-300, then EXP 1, (I am assuming you want to bend with #1, if not go to #2), select as the target ALT TUNING / A:BEND / BEND. This will do it if GUITAR A is active. If B is the one active then you need to go to B:BEND, etc.

Let me know if this is helping.

mosdev58

I have expression pedal 1 set to ALT TUNING : (A) BEND : BEND

On the VG-99 for patch 386 both the A and the B guitars are active.

The B string is tuned down to A and I was hoping to bend it with the pedal, but all that the pedal does is control the volume. The On/Off light is Off I don't seem to be able to change the guitar selection in this patch. If I select patch 3 for instance, then pressing 1 or 2 in Control switches between guitars, but in this patch it does nothing.

I tried changibg the control assign in patch 3 in the way mentioned to test the effect that way, but it still only works as a volume control.

This is the first time I have tried to use the FC300 so I may be doing something wrong

Brent Flash

Just to make sure your FC-300 and VG-99 are set correctly, would you download this patch and try it out. https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,694.0.html
The EXP 1 on the FC-300 will bend notes. If this works you can look at how the assignment is set for bend. If it does not work then you probably have EXP 1 assigned on the VG-99's SYSTEM CONTROL ASSIGN pane and is overriding the setting in the FC-300 CONTROL ASSIGN pane.
Let me know how this works! We will get to the bottom of this issue sooner or later.  ;)

mosdev58

I downloaded the patch and it still didn't worlk. I then reset the controls and it is working fin now.

Thanks a lot for your help

Brent Flash

Quote from:  mosdev58 on April 25, 2009, 02:10:55 AM
I downloaded the patch and it still didn't worlk. I then reset the controls and it is working fin now.

Thanks a lot for your help

Great! Let us know if you need anything else.

doha1696

Hi, I have a VG 99 and Guitar Rig 4 software from Native Instruments. I use the VG and GR4 together, the VG is amplified by a Bose L1 sound system and GR 4 with a Marshall EL 34 with 2 cabinets (1922). I'd like to use the expression pedals of the FC 300 to have "Wha" effect at the same time on the VG preset and GR4 preset. Is it possible ? In which mode ? In fact, one expression pedal for two effects at the same time.... If somebody has an idea....

Dominik

Dominik Hardy

http://fret-time.com

Brent Flash

Yes it is possible. You will have to do the wah GR4 with CC# so that means you will have to set it up to respond to a CC# then set up the FC-300 to send that CC# with the same one you are using for the VG. This is done in the CONTROL ASSIGN section under the ASSIGN tab 1-16.

That is about it. Give us a shout if you can't get it working.

Jim Williams

Give Amplitube 3 a try for a plugin the sound quality is better and the interface is cooler.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

doha1696

Dominik Hardy

doha1696

Another question, is it possible to let the FC 300 on Sysex mode to manage the VG 99 and to use the FC 300 midi Out to manage GR4 at the same time ? Or must I put the FC 300 on Standard mode to manage the two effects simultaneously ?

Dominik Hardy

Brent Flash

Quote from:  doha1696 on April 18, 2010, 12:19:30 PM
Another question, is it possible to let the FC 300 on Sysex mode to manage the VG 99 and to use the FC 300 midi Out to manage GR4 at the same time ? Or must I put the FC 300 on Standard mode to manage the two effects simultaneously ?

You can leave it in SYSEX mode. You may want to use the VG MIDI out though. I don't remember?

doha1696

I just want to send two CC at the same time to make the FC 300 control the VG99 wha and the GR4 wha with only one expression pedal (the FC 300 expression pedal 1). It seems that it's impossible to use the FC 300 midi out while I'm in the sysex mode...
Dominik Hardy

Brent Flash

Quote from:  doha1696 on April 20, 2010, 04:12:06 AM
I just want to send two CC at the same time to make the FC 300 control the VG99 wha and the GR4 wha with only one expression pedal (the FC 300 expression pedal 1). It seems that it's impossible to use the FC 300 midi out while I'm in the sysex mode...
Yes, i explained how to do it in my first reply. Maybe I was not clear?
Set up EXP 1 on the FC-300 to control Wah in the VG-99 as normal in the FC-300 pane in the CONTROL ASSIGN section. Then set up the CC# that controls your wah in GR4 in the ASSIGN pane of the CONTROL ASSIGN section.
The only thing I am not sure of is how you are sending MIDI to GR4. Are sending through USB or have an input interface for MIDI. If MIDI connect a MIDI cable to the VG-99 MIDI out and then to the MIDI in of your GR4 interface.