New VG-99 video I have finally made!

Started by 24dBFS, November 26, 2014, 09:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

24dBFS

Hello Guys!

Lurking for quite some time here on Forum I finally did a video myself.
It features the awesome VG-99 with some patches I tweaked myself and two TC Electronic pedals.
Comments welcome ;)
I hope You like it!

Cheers!!!!

alexmcginness

Nice!!!!!!!! Any chance to share the patches?
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

mapperboy

Very warm and mellow; with good loop integration accompanying the various parts. Congrats!
BTW, what's the GK3 retrofitted guitar?  Looks a bit like my Ibanez Artist.
Jazzy Cheer,
-m
"No such thing as spare time.
No such thing as free time.
No such thing as down time.
All you got is life time. Go!"
- Henry Rollins

24dBFS

Hi alexmcginness, hi mapperboy

sure, I can share the patches if I only learn how to do it (I am not using the patch editor on my PC) but I need to back them up anyways so I'll have to install the editor sooner or later.
The guitar I'm using here is 25 years old Gibson Les Paul Custom with just the GK-3 used.

Thanks for checking out guys!

Have a great day!

joaobraga

I like it!!!
From 24dbFS I confess I was expecting something very, very loud but I was wrong (lol) - instead this is a very nice and calm piece of music.

Flashback x4 is also a good piece of gear and it shines on your improv - I just wish it had more than 3 memory presets

mapperboy

There are the 'official' Roland VG-99 editor and librarian which communicate through USB to a PC or MAC.
It would be really nice if Gumtown (VGuitar forum user) had developed a VG-99 editor similar to his GR-55 Floorboard editor but alas not so.
Having said that the Roland vg-99 editor interface is not bad giving you a virtual view of the control panel.
The Librarian is not so intuitive.
There are a number of good tips, hints and docs for dealing with VG-99 patches on his forum, just use the Search and also the Advanced Search.
"No such thing as spare time.
No such thing as free time.
No such thing as down time.
All you got is life time. Go!"
- Henry Rollins

Elantric

supernicd

Nice - really enjoyed it.  I particularly liked the pedal bend stuff and the GR-300 solo.
Strat w/ GK-3, Godin LGXT
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10
---------------------------------------------------------------

24dBFS

Thanks guys!
I appreciate your kind comments  ;D

VG-99 is such an amazing tool! Having it for only 2 months in my arsenal it is just a mystery to me why it isn't more popular out there (although I can see the point that it is targeting the more geekie customers and the on-board presets are very so so).
I just hope it will never brake or fail during a live gig.

Cheers!

Elantric

VG-99 has been out of production for nearly 2 years now, so take good care of yours ;) 

(Typical VG-99 Failure details )
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9566.msg69506#msg69506

24dBFS

OK Elantric - no more tweaking patches while under the shower  ;D

Octapad1

aliensporebomb

Very pleasant - kind of Metheny-ish in some ways but almost ambient mellow in others.  Really nice and thanks for posting it.  Nice to see how you go about it!  I'm intrigued as to how you did the video showing your feet and at the same time a picture-in-picture video of you playing.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.